Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Momz
Channel Surfer

Re: Weather 4 Us Not Working?

Jump to solution

Oddly, Weather4Me was working on one Roku device, but not the other one, at the same time.

This morning (21 June) they are both working fine.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Pathfinder4Un wrote:

It seems the Roku folks must have fixed the problem, because now the update worked. 

Roku themselves probably had nothing to do with it. Other then The Roku Channel, all apps are written/updated by developers and services. Odds are, there was an update that caused problems, and they fixed or just rolled it back, or they made some back-end changes to their servers and had to rush out an update to make it work.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Pathfinder4Un, Roku doesn't fix apps.  They have nothing to do with the Weather4us app or the vast majority of other apps on their platform.

Oops, @andyross beat me to it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
SBNeal
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

As of this afternoon June 22nd, 2024 Weather4Us screen saver is still not working. It does work when directly selected and will run in screen saver mode for a short time and then ends. I have powered cycled my Roku 4K TV and have checked that I am running the latest version 4.1 Build 4. I have one add-free subscription and a 2nd Add-Free subscription.

0 Kudos
SBNeal
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I should add that I have 500Mbps fiber Internet service and both of my Roku 4K TV's are connected to my home network via 100mbps Ethernet.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

And again, there is nothing Roku can do. It's probably a bug in the Weather4US app. I would say contact them. The app says their email is support@weather4us.com.

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for reaching out regarding the playback issue with the weather4us channel. We're here to assist you in resolving this issue and getting you back to streaming smoothly.

Please follow these steps to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Remove the channel: Go to your Home screen, move right, highlight the app, press the Star (*) button, and then select "Remove channel."

2. Perform a system reboot: Navigate to Home, select Settings > System > Power > System restart.

3. Re-install the channel: Go to your Home screen, scroll and select "Store," search for the app, and then press "Add channel."

Additionally, we recommend checking for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now.

For further guidance, refer to our Support article: How to resolve a channel playback issue.

If the issue persists, we advise reaching out to the channel provider, Weather4us. They are responsible for providing and maintaining their channel on the Roku streaming platform.

Best regards,

Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Art5

Jump to solution

This solution from Roku does not resolve the issue with the app I have removed it, rebooted, added it back, System Updated twice.

I now am prompted to add a location after which the app fails. When restarted I get the message the problem message with options to retry or delete location.

Retry, app fails.

Delete location, back to square 1 adding a location.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.