Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Buck52

Weather 4 Us Not Working?

Jump to solution

I went to my Weather4us app today on my Roku player and it just doesn't work. It only gives me an option to delete the cities that I use to check the weather. It won't allow me to delete the app and reinstall it. What am I supposed to do?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Weather 4 Us Not Working?

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for reaching out regarding the playback issue with the weather4us channel. We're here to assist you in resolving this issue and getting you back to streaming smoothly.

Please follow these steps to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Remove the channel: Go to your Home screen, move right, highlight the app, press the Star (*) button, and then select "Remove channel."

2. Perform a system reboot: Navigate to Home, select Settings > System > Power > System restart.

3. Re-install the channel: Go to your Home screen, scroll and select "Store," search for the app, and then press "Add channel."

Additionally, we recommend checking for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now.

For further guidance, refer to our Support article: How to resolve a channel playback issue.

If the issue persists, we advise reaching out to the channel provider, Weather4us. They are responsible for providing and maintaining their channel on the Roku streaming platform.

Best regards,

Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
jjknap
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same type of issue.  It won't let me even get to a city.

0 Kudos
Momz
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It was working for me until a couple of hours ago. I got the same errors you encountered. I "updated" the ap - but it said it was current. I deleted it from my Roku player and re-installed it again and am still encountering the same problem. It says there was a problem the last time loading data from my preferred city, would I like to retry or delete that city. I did both. Now it's doing the same for another city I had saved.

0 Kudos
T42
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same thing this morning June 21, 2024; won't open and says:

"It appears that when you last visited there was a problem displaying data for Glens Falls, NY. Would you like us to try again, or delete this location?

(If you continue having problems please contact us at support@weather4us.com)"

Here I am looking for help....

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I think everyone has the same issue, if you have a Roku tv. 

0 Kudos
jjknap
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
  • Go to settings and update the software.  There is a weather4us software update.  This fixed it for me. 
0 Kudos
ASV

Jump to solution

Same problem in Arizona

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

It seems the Roku folks must have fixed the problem, because now the update worked. 

0 Kudos
ASV

Jump to solution

Thanks.  Go to Settings/System/Software update..then press OK

One of 3 updates includes Weather4us channel

Works now

0 Kudos
Momz
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It didn't for me.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.