Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku is not working 8/16/24 any one els having problems?

Is anyone else having problems with the Roku not working? It’s not showing any apps or Anything as if it’s nonexistent

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Roku is not working 8/16/24 any one els having problems?

yes

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Spurlingrenee @MsSoapstone,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We want to investigate further with this issue that you have. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Is this happening on all contents/channels or is this isolated to 1 content/channel?
  • Are you getting any error messages or codes?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
readfam6

I have three TVs in my house, each with a Roku Streaming Stick. One of the TVs displays a black screen whenever I choose a program to watch. For example, I can choose Amazon Prime or FrndlyTV, and browse within the app, but whenever I push play, the screen goes black. I can hear the program, but I cannot see the program. There is no problem with the other two TVs. I have tried turning the TV off and back on, and I have disconnected the stick and placed it in a different slot. There are no codes being displayed.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@readfam6, have you tried a "System restart" located under Settings->System or Settings->System->Power?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Royal-T
Reel Rookie

I can’t even get mine to show a screen. 8/16/24

worked last night?

0 Kudos
msane

Restarting does not make it work

0 Kudos
Moshelriz

Mine isn’t working. Keeps stopping and starting like I turn my tv on and off

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you have encountered with your Roku devices that shows a blank screen upon startup.

We'd like to investigate on this issue so that our team can work on it and provide a resolution.

To help us in the investigation, we'd like to ask for further details. Please provide the information below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

With more details on the issue, our team will be able to review and investigate this matter. We'll work on it diligently so it can be resolved soon.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos