Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ReltonP
Reel Rookie

The Roku Channel doesn't work

The App loads normally. When I select a movie, it goes to the next page. When I press ay, there's a beep and the screen stays the same. No playback. I've deleted the app, reset the stick and reloaded the app and it makes no difference. Any help will be welcome. All the other apps work perfectly. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
ReltonP
Reel Rookie

Re: The Roku Channel doesn't work

"play" not "ay"! Sorry. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @ReltonP 

Welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you've encountered with The Roku Channel not playing any content, and we appreciate your efforts in an attempt to resolve the issue. We'd like to gather more details for our team to review this issue. Kindly provide the details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

We look forward to your response regarding this matter.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ReltonP
Reel Rookie

Model, 3820RW2-Streaming Stick 4K

Serial number, X02500PW518V

Device ID, S0JC337W518V

Software version, 13.1.4 BUILD 1510-E6

Channel, Roku Channel Version 9.3 build 10

Tracker Id, ID 8V-353-940

Many thanks for this.  I don't think a photo of video will show the issue as you'll just get a screen shot of the PLAY button.

0 Kudos
ReltonP
Reel Rookie

Hi, I replied to your message but you haven't got back to me. Could you please. I find it very frustrating that I can't watch the Roku channel as it is one of the important reasons I bought the Stick.

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @ReltonP!

We apologize for the delayed response. No worries; we've already forwarded your concern to the appropriate Roku team for thorough review and investigation. 

We'll let you know once a resolution has been provided. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding on this matter. 

Please let us know if you need more help. We are always here to assist you in any way we can.

Sincerely,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @ReltonP.

We hope you're having a great day!

We just received an update from our Roku team regarding their investigation into this issue. 

We kindly request that you attempt to access the website "whatismyip.com" and provide us with the details of your findings. It is possible that a restriction in your current location is impeding your access to the website. It would be much appreciated if you could provide a photo of it. 

Please get back to us for more updates. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.