Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mahoho
Reel Rookie

Playback issues with Pluto TV.

Jump to solution

I've Been having trouble with Pluto.   Every day I have to restart app and I cannot delete the channel from my Roku.  (Error message comes up)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Playback issues with Pluto TV.

Jump to solution

Thank you for the added information, @mahoho!

This is acknowledged and appreciated as this helped us assess your concern better.

Since we've already exhausted all the troubleshooting steps possible to no avail, we suggest reaching out to the channel provider themselves which in this case, Pluto's Customer Support and let them know the error message you've been receiving as their channel may need an update from them.

Please be also aware that they are the ones who maintain their channel on the Roku streaming platform so it will be highly effective to directly raise your concern to them.

We hope you get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
mahoho
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

All of the issues were related to the Pluto app.

Pluto eventually pushed out an app update to all users, it just took longer for some users of Roku.

Issues resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Warmest welcome here in the Roku Community, @mahoho!

It is highly appreciated that you've reached out for support. Worry no more as we'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution about the playback issues you've been experiencing with the Pluto TV channel.

Before we proceed, could you please provide us with a photo or description of the error message? Moreover, let's try to troubleshoot the channel by following the steps below:

• Remove the channel: if you are unable to remove it directly from your Home screen, let's try to remove it via the website. Sign in to your Roku account and go under Manage Subscriptions. If the channel you want to remove is listed on this page, the subscription must first be canceled before the channel can be removed from your Roku device.
  • Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home screen. Select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart.
  • Reinstall the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

After doing so, kindly highlight the channel tile of Pluto TV and press the start (*) button on your remote to update the app.

Let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mahoho
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuCarly 

Thanks for the follow-up.

I am logged into Pluto on Chrome Cast on a different TV, and I am NOT logged into Pluto on my Roku. 

I do not understand on ROKU's platform how to attach an image.  But the message is

! We're having some trouble. Please wait a moment and try again.

This error message has occurred for weeks now.  Even after the Pluto app was "removed" and was added again.

Pluto says it is up to date.  Roku says it is up to date.

I'm at a loss.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for the added information, @mahoho!

This is acknowledged and appreciated as this helped us assess your concern better.

Since we've already exhausted all the troubleshooting steps possible to no avail, we suggest reaching out to the channel provider themselves which in this case, Pluto's Customer Support and let them know the error message you've been receiving as their channel may need an update from them.

Please be also aware that they are the ones who maintain their channel on the Roku streaming platform so it will be highly effective to directly raise your concern to them.

We hope you get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mahoho
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

All of the issues were related to the Pluto app.

Pluto eventually pushed out an app update to all users, it just took longer for some users of Roku.

Issues resolved.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.