Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ROGUE_ALTERR
Reel Rookie

Small display and bad quality on my 4k TV

Jump to solution

17254864957952723942883410310836.jpg

I'm trying to play my Xbox but my display is small and grainy, I've tried factory resetting my TV and restarting my console any tips???

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Small display and bad quality on my 4k TV

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted, @ROGUE_ALTERR.

We understand the problem was not resolved after trying the suggested steps above. 

In situations such as this, we strongly advise reaching out to Xbox support. They can provide additional workarounds and expert tips to help you troubleshoot and improve the picture size and quality of your gaming experience.

We are hoping that everything will be sorted out for you soon. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, @ROGUE_ALTERR.

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about this. Rest assured, we are dedicated to getting you back on track. 

To troubleshoot this problem, you may refer to the steps below for the tips to resolve this:

You can easily adjust the Game mode setting anytime using the instructions below.

1. Switch to the port on your Roku TV where your game console is connected (e.g., HDMI 1, HDMI 2, AV)
  2. Press Star 

*on your Roku TV remote
  3. Use the directional pad to scroll up or down and select Picture settings. The directional pad is plus-shaped and is in the center of your Roku remote
  4. Scroll and highlight Game mode
  5. Press left or right to turn Game mode On (or Off)

IMPORTANT: Input lag can be influenced by other factors, not limited to your Roku TV settings. You should also check your game console's network connection speed, display output resolution, and frame rate and optimize these settings for the best gaming experience. If you need help, visit the online resources for the manufacturer of your game console or contact them directly.

For more information on optimizing the game capability of your TV, visit this support article: What are the best settings on my Roku TV™ for gaming?

Let us know if this works for you, and get back to us for an update.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ROGUE_ALTERR
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried this after reading other reviews and problems, it didn't help with the graphics and with normal mode on my screen is still bordered with the black outline.

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted, @ROGUE_ALTERR.

We understand the problem was not resolved after trying the suggested steps above. 

In situations such as this, we strongly advise reaching out to Xbox support. They can provide additional workarounds and expert tips to help you troubleshoot and improve the picture size and quality of your gaming experience.

We are hoping that everything will be sorted out for you soon. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Disclaimer:  I know nothing about Xboxes.  That said…

Have you checked the Xbox output/display settings?  Also, you don’t mention a model, but based on googling, some Xbox models don’t support 4K.  Also, I’ve seen many devices over the years where the company updated it to a higher resolution, but kept the UI running in a lower resolution.  Too much investment to redesign the UI, I suppose.  Just some ideas…

Banned but back. Because why not?
ROGUE_ALTERR
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a series S which runs 4k I've never taken it off of 4k but now it runs 680x440 with a border, like some old TV would and it's making it hard to play my games

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.