Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JGriggs84

No Sound from Roku Express 4K

Jump to solution

I have had the Roku Express 4K (Model 3941X2) for about 6 months. It is plugged into a Samsung 4k Television. I have not had any issues with it until recently. Suddenly, there is no sound when using Fandango at Home, Plex and Netflix, however, YouTube sound works fine. The menu "click" sounds work fine, but the audio from actual movies and shows do not work. I have looked through other posts and tried the following solutions: 

1. Reset the Roku - Did not work
  2. Checked for updates
  3. Ensured audio setting set to "auto" - Did not work
  4. Unplugged Roku for 5 minutes and changed HDMI ports
    • This worked initially, but the next day the sound disappeared again. Now, this does not work and I have no sound.

I have two other Roku Streaming Sticks, and I've never had this issue. I've had those devices for several years and they work perfectly fine. 

Can anyone help me with this, or do I need to get a new one through warranty?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No Sound from Roku Express 4K

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thanks for posting here in the Roku Community, @JGriggs84!

We noticed you are encountering an issue with your Roku Express 4K audio. We would be more than happy to monitor this for you.  

Have you attempted connecting the device to a different television to see if the problem persists? If not, we recommend trying to isolate the issue even more. Also, try changing an HDMI cable because cable problems can sometimes cause Audio issues. 

In addition, since you noticed that the problem is only happening on a few channels, could you please try to remove the channel, perform a system reboot, then reinstall one of the apps again and observe if it can return to regular operation? If that resolves the issue, try all affected channels and evaluate. 

You may also change the Audio Settings on your Roku by going to Settings > Audio > Digital Output Format > Stereo. Hopefully, this will restore the audio on your channels. 

You can look for those troubleshooting steps here: Resolving a channel playback issue.

Please keep us posted so we can help you further.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No Sound from Roku Express 4K

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thanks for posting here in the Roku Community, @JGriggs84!

We noticed you are encountering an issue with your Roku Express 4K audio. We would be more than happy to monitor this for you.  

Have you attempted connecting the device to a different television to see if the problem persists? If not, we recommend trying to isolate the issue even more. Also, try changing an HDMI cable because cable problems can sometimes cause Audio issues. 

In addition, since you noticed that the problem is only happening on a few channels, could you please try to remove the channel, perform a system reboot, then reinstall one of the apps again and observe if it can return to regular operation? If that resolves the issue, try all affected channels and evaluate. 

You may also change the Audio Settings on your Roku by going to Settings > Audio > Digital Output Format > Stereo. Hopefully, this will restore the audio on your channels. 

You can look for those troubleshooting steps here: Resolving a channel playback issue.

Please keep us posted so we can help you further.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.