Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HighMu
Channel Surfer

Re: Unable to select channel on Home screen Attn: RokuDanny-R

Jump to solution

Updated and working well.  Thanks again!

0 Kudos
chucon
Channel Surfer

Re: Unable to select channel on Home screen Attn: RokuDanny-R

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R @Rblanken3 @HighMu @PawPawRon @Kraken47 

I checked as you suggested and was able to upgrade to v. 11.5.0 build 4312-46. I'm pleased to report my Home screen has returned to normal. I don't know what broke it or prevented the device from updating as it should, but thanks for whatever you did to fix it!

0 Kudos
Dcemch
Reel Rookie

Re: Unable to select channel on Home screen

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem but I did the manual check for updates and was told my system is already up to date. What now? 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Dcemch,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We would be happy to look at what we can do to help you to make sure we are providing the best streaming experience but we need more details:

Here are a few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

• What kind of issue are you experiencing?
  • When did this issue first start occurring?
  • Did you make any changes to your Settings recently?
  • Are you being prompted with an error message?
  • Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  • If you see something different, can you please let us know what you are seeing?

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rblanken3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Several months ago I had a similar issue.  After exhausting every recommendation, hint and suggestion, I finally resorted to doing a factory reset, something I did not want to have to do.  However, after doing so and then reloading all my apps, everything worked and has continued to do so. 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Rblanken3,

Saw your post!

Thanks for your feedback and we’re sorry if you had this experience. We greatly appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done to try to resolve this issue and this might help other Roku users who are experiencing the same.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dcemch
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Mary.  This started last evening.  After finishing a show we went back to the Home Screen and no icons were displayed. All showed a circle as if buffering but they are static.  Checked internet and it was still connected and showed excellent strength.  No errors, no setting changes.  We can still watch but only by using the shortcut buttons on the remote, so viewing is limited to those four.  

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Dcemch,

Thanks for following up.

We understand that you are facing an issue selecting the channels on the Roku device. Roku users have reported that performing a factory reset on the Roku device back resolves the issue.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device | Official Roku Support

Follow the steps below from your Roku device to perform a factory reset.

1. Press the Home button home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Advanced system settings.
  5. Select Factory reset.
  6. Select Factory reset everything and follow the on-screen instructions.

Thanks again for posting and we hope the suggestions above get everything sorted out!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dcemch
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m totally screwed now.  Reset Roku and got the green check mark saying my remote was re-paired but I have no control over the device.  Nada.  If it says the remote is paired then what’s going on?? 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Dcemch,

Thanks for following up and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Can you please provide us with the following information:

Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • What type of Roku remote are you using?
  • If possible: tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue arise, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.