Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dcemch
Reel Rookie

Re: Unable to select channel on Home screen

Jump to solution

I stumbled upon a phone number for Roku.  Problem is resolved.  Thanks 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Dcemch,

We appreciate the update.

We're glad that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Thanks for using our services. Have a great day!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MLNYC

Re: Unable to select channel on Home screen Attn: RokuDanny-R

Jump to solution

Update Roku software in settings. 1000% solved problem for me. Settings- System- Software update

0 Kudos
Rblanken3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I’m sure that a software update is a solution for those whose system can activate an update.  After several weeks of software update attempts, it was pretty obvious that a software update was not a solution for whatever issue had created my problem.

0 Kudos
HighMu
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku support is able to access your device remotely with your permission and you providing the serial number.  Perhaps an earlier update left your device in a condition where the current update fails.

RokuDanny-R has sucessfully helped me with problems with an early Ultra model.  Its worth reaching out to support.

0 Kudos
jocelyn1

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
GardenGal45
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Since navigation on the home screen is "frozen," it is impossible to navigate to Settings, Update, etc!

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @GardenGal45,

Thanks for reaching out. We would like to see more on what's going on here. When you say "frozen," does this happen every time you access and navigate your device? Does a system restart help?

Or tell us more about this, and we'll further investigate it.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GardenGal45
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So far it happened only that one day.  The only way to Restart it was to manually shut down. Cannot use "restart" in the Settings menu b/c navigating with the remote cannot SELECT anything on the home screen. Last night all was working as it should, thank God.  P.S.  During the "navigation lock down," I switched from nearly-new batteries to brand-new batteries, and that made no difference. FYI

0 Kudos
RC50
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Good morning, Danny. Praise re your technical expertise and patient consideration. I am having the same issues with my Roku Homepage, as I can navigate to the page Apps but when I press 'Select' (OK) button, nothing happens. My TV is a Vizio D-55-D2  with a Roku Stick which is updated to the 12.0 version, I'm wondering if my Vizio is unable to process? Like me, getting to old to cut it. Remote is fine, wireless connection excellent and internet show connected. 

I'm not sure what to try and I hate to go buy a new Roku TV and contribute to the massive piles of waste. Plus being born poor, I'm more inclined to fix that discard.

Thanks for any help.

RC

0 Kudos