Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lee79
Reel Rookie

Roku TV never provides updates?

I have 3 Roku TVs plauged with issues. One is over 5 years old, another is about 3 years old, and the last one purchased within 16 months. All different sizes and ages. None has ever had a single update available and always says up to date. Yet all plauged with the same issues. 

After watching any show, movie, or app and pressing the back button (arrow). The TV turns solid black for several mins and restarts at least twice. Sometimes more. Its a solid 5 mins of just waiting and watching it loop restart. 

Yet no available updates for eihter 3 TVs....ever. It seems these are just throw away TVs that Roku themselves never try to enhance, fix problems, or even really support. Why provide an option to update a TV but never provide any updates? Ever? Model, year, or size makes no difference. No updates ever provided. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV never provides updates?

@lee79 

Roku devices and RokuTVs perform an automatic nightly/daily update check (as long as the device remains connected to the internet).

On each of your RokuTVs, go to Settings/System/About to see what OS version and build update you are currently on.  Should be on some build of 12.5.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

lee79
Reel Rookie

Whats the point of checking each night automatically when Roku has never provided an update? Ever? My TVs firmware or updates has never changed. Its on the same versions/updates my TV was purchased with and never has changed even a minor version. Moreless a major version update. 

If your able to stream movies/tvs daily....The internet is beyond cabable of receving a small update. Roku simply doesn't provide it nor care of the daily issues we all receive. 

Your response was a waste of my time and completely unhelpful. Even you said the TV would automatically update "if a update was available" although it never has had an update available. 

Please dont respond if your not going to help with the issues. Provide a fix or please stay mute!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@lee79, this "community" is mostly users trying to help other users with a few moderators mostly offering links to worthless web pages.  Good luck getting any help from anyone here with that attitude.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.