Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PawPawRon
Streaming Star

Re: Unable to select channel on Home screen

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R The info you requested is below but FYI back in November 2021 there was an update that caused many people, including me, issues. I corresponded with you at that time and you ultimately had to revert our unit to the OS 10.5 build 4208 which still produces the indication that the software is up to date.

DEVICE MODEL: 4670X - ROKU ULTRA SERIAL NR.: YJ0028485843 DEVICE ID: KW9982485843

0 Kudos
chucon
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@PawPawRon , thanks for sharing. I have an open ticket on this. If I get the same response I'll be tempted to replace the Ultra with a new-in-the-box AppleTV sitting on a shelf in my closet.

0 Kudos
chucon
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

1. Please refer to open ticket reference #6787595.

2. ID 34-022-747

3. Refer to the video link I submitted as part of an email reply to #6787595

Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@chucon

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the information that I previously requested and I will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@PawPawRon

Thanks for the follow up.

We would recommend checking for a system update on your Roku device to see if you can update your Roku device to the latest OS. Once your Roku device has been updated, try seeing if you are still experiencing the issue you were originally reporting.

For more detailed information about how to check for system update, visit our Support page here: Update the software on your streaming devices

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Kraken47

Jump to solution

Thanks very much for posting. I’m having the exact same problem. Changed batteries on the remote, same. Just now followed instructions to update software and discovered hasn’t updated in a year. Fixed it! 

0 Kudos
PawPawRon
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Yes. An update was waiting for me when I checked and it installed perfectly and I ran it through the paces and ALL is well, once again. Too bad there aren't more Roku Reps like @RokuDanny-R . Kudos to you and the company should give you a bonus for all the help you provide!!!

chucon
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Model: 4660RW - Roku Ultra
Serial number: YJ00EG122934
Software version: 10.5.0 - build 4211-46
Device ID: CS48CE122934
Tracker ID: 34-022-747

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vwtj2vis0wd5tsl/IMG_0930.MOV?dl=0

HighMu
Channel Surfer

Re: Unable to select channel on Home screen Attn: RokuDanny-R

Jump to solution

I have the same problem of not being able to select any app from the home screen.  I have done a factory reset.  The software version is 10.5 build 4208-46.  I am not able to update to 11.5. I have tried "check now" but no update is shown.

Previously this ultra 4660X had problems with an update and  RokuDanny-R was able to do some remote magic.  I viewed the video on dropbox showing the remote selecting the ad box at the far right of the screen instead of the first installed app and my problem is identical.  I get this behavior with two different remotes (multiple Rokus here).

Is it possible to push an update to the firmware?

Ultra 4660X   sn YJ006K978480  device ID CK4896978480

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Unable to select channel on Home screen Attn: RokuDanny-R

Jump to solution

@chucon

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend checking now to see if you are able to update to the latest OS at this time.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator