Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sillywormy

Why does my YouTube channel no longer work?

Jump to solution

I had ~30 apps on my Roku and one day I opened YouTube and it said it couldn’t load due to insufficient memory. I deleted all but 6 apps (including YouTube) and it still won’t work. About a week later it randomly starts working again even though I changed nothing. A week later it stops working once again, and the cycle keeps repeating where it works and then stops working for no apparent reason. I have downloaded and reinstalled YouTube multiple times and checked my network connection to my Roku and it said it was excellent so I don’t understand why it won’t work please help me

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Why does my YouTube channel no longer work?

Jump to solution

@Wildcat1 @sillywormy @Ejc61 Try a system restart on your Roku device.  

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @sillywormy!

Thank you for your first post here about the accessibility issue you're currently encountering within the YouTube app on your Roku device. We'd be happy to help you determine the cause of this.

Before proceeding, could you please specify which Roku device are you having this issue with? Perhaps you could provide us with the model of it. Also, is YouTube the only app affected by this? 

Furthermore, kindly let us know your device's current running software version. It's under Settings > System > About

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ejc61

Jump to solution

I am having the same issues. 
I deleted several apps and it still saying I do not have enough memory. Which is really weird. 

0 Kudos
Wildcat1

Jump to solution

Same issue with my Roku.  Never happened before.  Deleted a dozen apps and still getting the “not enough memory “ message.  I’m using a Roku Ultra model 4660x.  software is up to date version 13.1.4.  Please advise on how to fix this problem.  Thanks 

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Wildcat1 @sillywormy @Ejc61 Try a system restart on your Roku device.  

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.