Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Poe3681
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Ultra HDCP Errors and Resolution Problems (4802 vs. 4670)

I tried both Arc and eArc. Didn't make any difference. Could be a day, could be a week, could be an hour - boom, HDCP error.

I unplugged the 4802, replaced it with the 46xx. Haven't had an issue in over a month.  

No.
Other.
Changes.

Same cables, in the same ports. Same TV, Soundbar. Same settings, same remote. Same EVERYTHING except the 4802 versus the older model. I am loathed to get back in and replace the WORKING 46xx with the 4802 to continue to troubleshoot this issue given the complete lack of engagement by Roku.

The issue manifests ONLY with the 4802. No other device seems to have this issue.

My AppleTV is now on order.

0 Kudos
beezleb
Binge Watcher

I hear you about not wanting to waste your time switching back and forth, but I was really asking about passthrough vs. auto audio.

0 Kudos
Poe3681
Binge Watcher

We appreciate the complete lack of follow-up, @RokuJanadeeK,

We have collected and forwarded the multiple tracebacks to the appropriate Roku teams per your request for review and further investigation. We appreciate your inability to provide even the barest of acknowledgment or detail of progress made in almost three months. Should an update be available for this concern, we'll be absolutely amazed, because essentially we don't believe you have any idea on what the issue is or how to fix it.

Let us know if you have further cut-and-paste replies regarding this issue.

All the best,
@everyuserinthisthread 

Poe3681
Binge Watcher

So, guessing this has officially died now ?

0 Kudos
mikew_nt
Streaming Star

Yeah, this thread has been open for three months, and I think we've all submitted a total of 5 tracebacks and not a word from Roku on fixing it.

The problem itself looks like it's been around since the product was launched in 2022, and Roku hasn't fixed it in all this time, so it doesn't look good.

I think what somebody said above is probably the most likely case, Roku can't fix this and they won't admit to being unable to fix it either.

It's just really disappointing to spend this amount of time troubleshooting their problem for Roku, providing everything they ask for, and not even getting the decency of a response from Roku.

mikew_nt
Streaming Star

Almost 4 months now, and I believe 5 tracebacks/scenarios submitted.

Roku, what's the status on this?

If you can't fix this, please just admit that, and offer refunds to people for the 4802.

It feels really insulting that you ask for these tracebacks, and apparently do nothing with them, and will provide no updates, resolution or refunds.

beezleb
Binge Watcher

Model: 4800X-Roku Ultra

Serial number: X01000F2TVV0 (S02A2092TVVO)

Software version. 12.5.5 build 4174-C2

GC version 11.5.25

Timestamp: 2024-05-22T14:40-497

Issue ID V0-205-360

0 Kudos
Hambone49
Channel Surfer

I take it update to 13.xxx didn't fix the HDCP connection issues.

0 Kudos
mikew_nt
Streaming Star

@Hambone49 are you saying you had the issue before, and installed 13.xxx, and now the problem is gone?

Or just asking if it resolved it for people?

I just plugged mine back into my S90C, and it won't even update to v13, I assume the rolling update is not hitting my device yet.  My 4670 is still at 12.5.5 also.

There is nothing in the announcement, nothing in the developers blog, and nothing in the SDK blog for v13 mentioning HDCP (at all). 

And you'd THINK Roku would comment in this thread if v13 fixed the issue... (ok, maybe that's asking too much)

I'm still at 12.5.5 and it won't update to v13, so I certainly can't try it unfortunately....

0 Kudos
Poe3681
Binge Watcher

Mine is also still on 12.5.5:4174

It's also been banished to the Tiki Bar outside...

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.