Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CeltheAVGuy
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra HDCP Errors and Resolution Problems (4802 vs. 4670)

Don't waste your money,

I purchased two 4802 trying to fix the same issue in 2023.

They both have the same issue.

It normally happens faster when watching movies.

mikew_nt
Streaming Star

Nadee,

What's the status of the two tracebacks and scenarios I submitted on this thread?

When are we going to get a fix?

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @CeltheAVGuy,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having an HDCP error with your Roku Ultra. For us to include your affected device in the ongoing investigation of our Roku engineers, could you please provide us with the following:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A clip or photo of the said resolution issue.
  • Channels affected (if applicable)

Your response is highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
warthog
Reel Rookie

My Ultra is essentially non-functional at this point. If it is not giving me the HDCP error, it has intermittent audio. Issue usually clears if I unplug the power on the STB and HDMI on both TV and STB. I theorize it must be something with the boot sequence on the TV.

To add insult to injury, the top line of apps is now sponsored garbage.

At this point I have no faith I will hear anything back, but here is another tracker.

Model: 4802X - Roku Ultra

Serial number: X0100EUPSG1 (S0DA225UPSG2)

Software version: 12.5.5 build 4174-C2

GC version: 11.2.23

Timestamp: 2024-04-11T21:21:40Z

Issue ID: G2-146-721

0 Kudos
CeltheAVGuy
Reel Rookie

1000002784.jpg

Issue report tracker

Model: 4802X - Roku Ultra

Serial number: X010006P922F (SODA224P922F)

Software version: 12.5.5 build 4174-C2

GC version: 11.2.23

Timestamp: 2024-04-12T02:13:04Z

Please use issue ID 2F-147-013 to report the current issue.

Happend on HBO-MAX 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate the follow-up, @CeltheAVGuy and @warthog.

Rest assured, we have collected and forwarded the following details to the appropriate Roku team for review and further investigation. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime. Should an update be available for this concern, we'll promptly let this thread know.

Let us know if you have further inquiries regarding this.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
mikew_nt
Streaming Star

Nadee,

That's what you guys said weeks ago when I turned in my tracebacks.

In fact, I think it was the exact same cut and paste verbiage.

You now have 5 tracebacks.  

When are you actually going to report back on what you found, and deliver a fix?

This has been going on since launch of the 4802, and I bet if I dug enough I could find a bunch more forum posts on this.

How about either deliver a fix, or confess that you can't fix it?

adam1991
Binge Watcher

Roku 48xx unit - blows up with HDCP errors or refuses to recognize the TV Resolution randomly - can work fine for a day, an hour, three days, a week, then BOOM, HDCP error.

same here.  My setup is a 4800X and a very recent Hisense 4K Google TV.  (That's right, I prefer my streaming to be Roku and my streamer to be separate from the thing that has the screen and speakers.)

It's been happening for...a couple of months?  Maybe a tad longer?  It came on suddenly, so I presume it's the result of a software "update" some time back.

It first reared its head right after I switched my Netflix subscription down to the mid-tier, 1080p level.  I thought it was an artifact of that, given the timing.  But I've since seen it on other apps (I also use Hulu and Plex).

Although, maybe my situation is different? because the error flashes for a couple of seconds then resolves itself and I'm back to picture and sound.

0 Kudos
warthog
Reel Rookie

I have a "fix" for the intermittent audio if anyone else is getting that - have found that changing to headphones mode on my phone then swapping back to TV output solves that issue temporarily.

0 Kudos
beezleb
Channel Surfer

Curious to see if people experiencing this issue are using passthrough audio and ARC/eARC.  Since switching from passthrough to auto audio on the Roku I haven't seen the HDCP error, but it's only been about a week.

0 Kudos