Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra HDCP Errors and Resolution Problems (4802 vs. 4670)

Hi @NHVF,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you providing these details and letting us know about the issue you are experiencing with HDCP errors. Can you please provide us with the tracker number too? When you see this issue, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID. 

You can also check out this support article on what to do if you see an “HDCP Error Detected” message for additional troubleshooting steps to see if it fixes the issue.

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Best regards,                                                                                                                                    Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mikew_nt
Streaming Star

Eunice,

There is already a large amount of detail on reproduction scenarios, as well as two trace-backs. 

As people have mentioned, this has been going on a long time and is a well known issue.

What progress is Roku making in debugging this issues?  When do you project a fix will be rolled out?

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @mikew_nt 

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We are sorry to hear that you have been facing persistent issues and we understand how frustrating it can be. Please be assured that we have taken note of your concern and have forwarded it to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Our team is actively working to resolve the issue and we will keep you updated on any developments.

We hope for your understanding and patience as we work on this.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Poe3681
Binge Watcher

Another week, no response. I too am having the same issues. At this point, I'm about to ditch Roku and switch to Apple TV instead. 

0 Kudos
warthog
Reel Rookie

Same issue for me - 4802 with a Samsung S90C.

Swapped out eARC connected soundbar. Swapped out HDMI cable. Same issue.

Swapped out TV - no issue with an older 43" TCL. 

I was about to return the TV when I found this thread. Really disappointing. If I have to spend cash on an Apple TV, Roku will never get another dollar from me.

When can we expect resolution?

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Poe3681 @warthog,

From the Roku Community, welcome and thanks for keeping us posted!

We will be more than happy to assist you even more. Please try to unplug the Roku device and the TV for 1 to 2 minutes and re-plug them back again.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

Best regards,                                                                                                                                            John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Poe3681
Binge Watcher

Did you even read the thread ?

Do you truly believe we haven't even tried 'turning it on and off again' ?

Seriously, your response borders on insulting.

Roku 46xx unit - works just fine
Chromecast with GTV - works just fine (I don't like the performance)
Amazon Fire TV - works just fine (I don't like Amazon's ad policy)
Roku 48xx unit - blows up with HDCP errors or refuses to recognize the TV Resolution randomly - can work fine for a day, an hour, three days, a week, then BOOM, HDCP error. Nothing else changes, same cables (brand new), same TV (Samsung QN85QN90C brand new) same soundbar (Samsung HW-Q60C brand new)

The only time I get issues, is using the new 4802 Roku. So clearly it's my fridge freezer.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @warthog,

Thank you for the additional information!

We would like to gather more details regarding this issue. Could you elaborate more about the troubleshooting steps that you have taken so far?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Poe3681
Binge Watcher

Others in this thread have provided detailed steps, including diagnostic trace outputs and apparently your team is already looking at that ?

Beyond trying multiple cables, different HDMI ports, with/without the soundbar, and just about every combination of cables/devices etc - the issue remains with the Roku 4802. 

I was able to reproduce the issue on my older Vizio M-75c1 also - so again, the issue is with the Roku device.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate the information that you have provided to us, @Poe3681!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button)?
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Could you send us a photo?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                  John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos