Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hambone49
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Ultra HDCP Errors and Resolution Problems (4802 vs. 4670)

My 4802 updated first, then the 4670 a week later. I haven't put the 4802 back on the new Samsung QN90-C yet.

Hambone49
Channel Surfer

asking if anyone had problems with a 4802 using 12.5.5 and updated to 13. Both mu 4802 and 4670 are on 13 but I haven't moved my 4802 back to the new Samsung yet.

warthog
Channel Surfer

Was having issues this evening, but I just checked and I’m on 12.5.5 still. Updating now and will report back tomorrow. 

beezleb
Binge Watcher

I just installed the OS 13 update as well.  Will report back if I see the HDCP error.

beezleb
Binge Watcher

well that didn't take long

Issue report tracker

Model: 4800X - Roku Ultra

Serial number: X01000F2TVV0 (S02A2092TVV0)

Software version: 13.0.0 build 24056-C2

GC version: 11.5.25

Timestamp: 2024-05-25T00:06:15Z

Please use issue ID V0-208-806 to report the current issue.

beezleb
Binge Watcher

OS13 didn't help at all.  Already gotten the HDCP error multiple times.

Poe3681
Binge Watcher

I've still not had a single HDCP error on my Q90C using the 46xx unit. I refuse to rework everything to reinstall the 48xx unit until some something substantive is contributed by Roku.

They do seem to have fine very quiet on this issue tho. I stand by my statement that they either know what the issue is and cannot fix it via software, or they simply don't know what the issue is.

beezleb
Binge Watcher

I'm going to run the Ultra through my Denon AVR then to Samsung TV for now which means I lose HDR-10+.  Until now I have only seen the issue when running directly to the TV, but haven't left it on the AVR long enough to really know.  Will report if I see the HDCP error.

0 Kudos
mikew_nt
Streaming Star

I've had the 4802 back on my S90C for about 5 days and I haven't hit a single HDCP error.  That doesn't mean one wouldn't pop tomorrow, but I won't know because I've had enough.

I did however suffer a loss of sound last night after turning everything on, and had to go to a different input (a onn Google TV box) and back to the 4802 in order to get sound back.  I think @warthog reported something similar.

It all seems to be in that handshake sequence, whether it's HDCP or sound.

I'm getting really sick of troubleshooting things for Roku, and they are contributing NOTHING to this thread.

At this point I'm going to switch the boxes back around and get the 4670 on the S90C.

When/if the new Ultras come out I am absolutely going to demand Roku trade me a new one for this old 4802 in the hopes the new one fixes it.  That, or I'm going to just demand a refund on this 4802 and I'll use my onn 4K (2023) Google TV box (all of $20) as my primary device.

Again, I'm just sick and tired of troubleshooting this, and Roku doesn't seem to care.

0 Kudos
mikew_nt
Streaming Star

And on top of this, when I try to boot up my 4670, it will not exit boot loop unless I pull out the SD card.  Lovely.  So, now that's out (again).

PS: anybody know how to stop Roku Forums from forcing 2FA every time I log in???  So annoying

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.