Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beezleb
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Ultra HDCP Errors and Resolution Problems (4802 vs. 4670)

So far I have only had the issue when running the Roku ultra direct to my TV. Last week I decided to try running the Roku through my Denon receiver to the TV and haven't had the hdcp error yet.  Unfortunately I lose hdr10+ this way since my receiver from 2018 only passes hdr10 or Dolby vision.

Will post an update if I get the hdcp error with this setup. 

Hambone49
Channel Surfer

I'm having exact same issue except my TV is a brand new QN90C and replaced a KS8000 (2016 model). The 4802 was purchased in December and worked on the older KS8000 for years. New Samsung went into service 3/16 and the 4802 worked for a few days then every time the system starts, HDCP error comes up. Restart of Roku fixes it until next power off/on cycle. Using all HDMD 2.1 rated cables. I do have an older 4670  which went with the KS8000 and moved into another room. Its fine.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @Hambone49,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop. We understand that you're having issues with your Roku Ultra. We appreciate the precise details you have provided as well as the troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to fix the issue.

Rest assured, we'll flag this concern to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. To help the team better assess this issue, would you mind providing us with the following details?

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mikew_nt
Streaming Star

I seriously wonder if Roku just has a bot replying with the same text over and over again.....

Janadee, this issue has existed since 2022, and just in this thread alone there are three tracebacks with description of scenario.  What have you done with those?  Specifically, not "oh we've submitted them and our experts are looking at them, we'll get back to you if they find something" BS.

Somebody commented this above, and I'm concluding the same: Roku probably knows what the issue is and they can't fix it.

Best steps forward are probably for the user community to better share with the outside world that Roku has a significant design defect that they are not acknowledging or fixing, and people should just buy other brands.

The lack of response on the tracebacks provided, and continuously reposting of the same text to ask for more information just reinforces this.

Roku, comment here with a real response and real information and prove us all wrong. 

Poe3681
Binge Watcher

I bet if you put the older Roku on the newer TV, it'll work fine too. 

I haven't had a single issue in over two weeks since switching out the 4802 to the 4670.

pwrOverload
Reel Rookie

@Hambone49 you could try replacing it with another 4802. I had an issue like this and swapping out the Roku with a new identical model stopped the constant HDCP errors. Same TV, cable, input, settings on both. Leads me to suspect this is at least somewhat a hardware QC issue.

0 Kudos
Hambone49
Channel Surfer

I can but would have to pay for another one atb around 100 bucks. Mine was purchased in December thru Walmart. Its possible their model is a factory second. (Rokus rebranded rejects?)

0 Kudos
Poe3681
Binge Watcher

@pwrOverload  - At this point, spending another $100 on a 4802 just on the off chance it fixes the issue seems nuts. 

Poe3681
Binge Watcher

@mikew_nt said : "Roku, comment here with a real response and real information and prove us all wrong. "

Still waiting...

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the active response, @Hambone49.

Please be aware that we have sent you a PM here in the Roku Community. We'd like to look closely into this concern by requesting a few more details.

We're anticipating your response from there.

Best regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.