Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku channel won’t load at all. Blank boxes appear.

Jump to solution

@Maudia 

I did the update and my Roku is working just fine. Of course, if you want to hold on the update, that's a perfectly fine thing to do.

What is probably going on is a network issue. Blank boxes indicate the content is not being delivered to fill the boxes.

Try moving the "problem" Express to where the working Express is. Simply unplug the working Express (just the device) and put the "problem" Express in its place. Does the issue remain? Did it follow the Roku to the new location?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku won't load content and everything is connected 10/11/2022

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We believe that this issue has been resolved. Try accessing the channel again.

Have a great day!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Channel/ subscription channels will not load

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue.

Please be aware that we believe the issue is now resolved. If you are still experiencing playback issues, please let us know.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Llowell55
Reel Rookie

ROKU Channel fails to load content on ROKU TV

Jump to solution

Only ROKU Channel is affected.  Problem just started occurred in the last several days on one ROKU Insignia TV. No other apps have been affected. ROKU Sharp TV not affected in adjacent room. 

0 Kudos
meb1
Reel Rookie

Roku Channel is the only one that doesn't load!!!!

Jump to solution

I've spent two evenings doing factory resets etc. etc. just to get the one channel that I want to load content. What is the deal??????

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: ROKU Channel fails to load content on ROKU TV

Jump to solution

@Llowell55 @meb1 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that there was a known service interruption that affected playback on The Roku Channel that has since been resolved.

Are you still experiencing an issue playing content on The Roku Channel? If so, have you made sure to remove the channel, restart the Roku device, then add the channel back again, specifically in that order?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos