Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Network Error During Content load - what did you guys break ?

Jump to solution

Roku Channel is currently having an issue and they are working on it.  Many of these channels/services stream from the same CDN.

https://twitter.com/RokuSupport/

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
BarbaraRocks
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yeah - I got  / saw it ...

How will I know when this issue is resolved ?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

Roku has created a thread for updates on this issue where they are posting occasional updates.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/SERVICE-INTERRUPTION-The-Roku-Channe...

---

As with everything with Roku, you will just go from "We are aware of the issue" to "The issue has been resolved".  Don't expect many details to be released addressing the issue or an estimated timetable.

Since Roku is located in California, someone may have tried to plug in a hotplate or used a microwave and took the electrical grid down.

0 Kudos
LadyLopez13
Reel Rookie

& I'm just Dying of Bored'um

Jump to solution

What seems 2 me that's it's been forever already since y'all said ROKU WILL UPLOAD Really soon,What's taking y'all SO LONG?! COME ON ITS YALLS JOB, TO BE ABLE TO HANDLE What some of us call an emergency situation! To easy Upload & Fix the Problem I mean isn't that the reason of y'all's job that y'all are trained for? O'GOD Jus PLZ HURRY UP& FIX the ROKU!? -AN UPSET CLIENT

0 Kudos
Portalogem
Roku Guru

Re: Network error Roku channel

Jump to solution

I was trying to reply to @AngryFeline's original post, only to find that they removed that option, so I'll reply here to this newest post. It appears that a link to that post has been given, but here's the URL: https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/SERVICE-INTERRUPTION-The-Roku-Channe...

As I was saying in that original post before I found I could no longer post there:

According to https://downdetector.com/status/roku/, Roku is down or was down as they may soon be up by the time I actually post this. Someone on AngryFeline's original post had replied that they were thinking of canceling their premium Roku subscription and so my reply to anyone thinking of doing that was that this has happened to other premium channels I've subscribed to in the past, so there's no reason to cancel any Roku premium subscription over this because they'll be back up when possible. If one had subscribed directly to the premium channel instead of subscribing through Roku, then there could come a time when that channel could go down while Roku's premium channel would still be working. 

One solution is to also subscribe to a non-Roku premium channel such as Netflix, Hulu, Disney Plus, HBOmax, etc, and watch the content on one of them while waiting for this to be resolved. I had found in the past that after watching a movie on a different channel, the other channel's issues would usually be fixed; however, it could take longer depending on the issue.

When writing that original post, I also suggested not wasting your time contacting their support, for Roku appears to be aware of this and is trying to fix it. However, if one has nothing better to do, then perhaps one could waste their time in trying to contact them because perhaps Murphy's law will favor all of us, for when the time arrives when that person reaches an agent -- Roku is up again. 🙂 Perhaps this issue will have resolved itself by the time I post this (which is why I keep trying); probably right at the moment I click that "post" button, Murphy's law will favor us, but of course, since I've written this I've probably jinxed that possibility away and now that poor poor person whose waited 15 decades on hold will reach an agent and nothing becomes instantly resolved. Now I know I could delete that jinx part, and all could be dandy, but by writing what I could do or should do perhaps will give Murphy's law a headache. 

Anyhow, as I've said, this has happened to me with various channel providers many times in the past, and these issues have always been resolved on their own. You just need to be patient and if possible, not rely on one streaming channel (or even one type of streaming device) for all of your entertainment needs. At least this is a rare occurrence as I don't remember a prior time when this issue happened with Roku. 

So here I go, ready to click "post" and we'll now see if the issue is resolved upon me clicking that "post" button as perhaps Murphy's law will work for me and for us. So everyone hold their breath, cross their fingers, do a rain dance (why not -- it could possibly work) and now ... I'm ... clicking .... post.

Ta da? Was I able to resolve the issue? But ... I clicked post, come on Murphy's Law -- be constructive for once. 😄

TroyKelso
Reel Rookie

Re: Network error Roku channel

Jump to solution

The Roku Channel is back up now.

AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@BarbaraRocks 

Looks like they found the circuit breaker and reset it.  Roku outage is fixed and should be working now.

0 Kudos
ZC
Reel Rookie

Roku TCL TV is not allowing me to connect to wifi

Jump to solution

My Roku TV is not allowing me to connect to wifi. I’ve restarted my TV and router several times. I can’t even log on to watch my other streaming channels! 

ZC
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku won't load content and everything is connected

Jump to solution

How long is this issue going to take?

BarbaraRocks
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

What is .. this how many TV's you are watching / have ?  .. Gamer ?

Thanks for the Direction !

0 Kudos