Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Prime Video app opens but wont play shows/movies on Roku Premiere or Roku Express

Jump to solution

@thebrunks,

If a specific channel is not properly working, there may be an issue within the channel itself that the service provider will need to investigate. Content is managed by each channel provider directly. If you observe an issue with any particular movie or TV show on a particular streaming channel, you'll need to contact the channel provider to report this issue and request more help. You can reach out to Amazon; they'll be able to best assist with any issues that occur within their channel.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ACova
Channel Surfer

Re: Prime Video app opens but wont play shows/movies on Roku Premiere or Roku Express

Jump to solution

I already contacted Amazon regarding their channel.  They did troubleshooting with me and determined that it is an issue with Roku and that I would need to contact Roku for further help.  I CAN get Prime Video content to play correctly from the Prime Video website (both Firefox and Chrome browsers on a Windows device) and from the Prime Video app on my Android phone.  The videos will NOT play from the Roku app, which is why Amazon says it is a ROKU problem and I have to contact Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@ACova,

Thanks for the post,

We appreciate your updates and feedback. No worries; we'll share it with the team.

Thanks for your continued patience. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any additional feedback.

Regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SamanthaS
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I have the same issue as well, Amazon says it's an issue on Roku's side but after trouble shooting with Roku I still can't watch anything on Prime. Very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
Rbreeding

Jump to solution

Has there been a resolution? I have 5 Rokus at the same house and prime works on 3 out of the 5. What can we do?

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @SamanthaS and @Rbreeding,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We believe there's an ongoing investigation by our Roku engineers regarding this concern. To include your device in the said review and investigation, kindly provide us with the following:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to resolve the issue.

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SamanthaS
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Nope no resolution 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @SamanthaS,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!
We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're having with the Amazon Prime Video channel. Can you please provide the following information below?

• What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?
  • Is this issue happening only in this channel?
  • Are you getting any error messages or codes?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RosetteStudios
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having this same issue on two TCL Roku TVs.  One is:

Model: C110X -Roku TV

SN: X00000X74DCP (S041D0174DCP)

Version: 12.5.5 BUILD 4174-93

GC: 10.7.26

ID CP-060-662

Removed app, rebooted, installed app, rebooted, logged in, still not working.  Cleared cache, not working.  Works on anything except a Roku device on the same network with wifi or wired.  

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome and thank you for sharing your concern here in the Roku Community, @RosetteStudios!

Firstly, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we'd be more than happy to coordinate this with our relevant team to include your device in the process of investigation.

Just to confirm, is this the only app affected by this? Also, please let us know when you first observed this happening. 

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated as we work on this and please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with. We'd be more than happy to continue doing so. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos