Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AntiquitätBuch
Reel Rookie

Re: Peacock Channel Not Loading

The recommendation to remove the app is not a solution.  I was able to remove Peacock using the Roku app.  I even did a system factory reset.  None of this worked.  The issue is not that the app needs to be removed and reinstalled.

blip1
Channel Surfer

The problem is with Peacock not Roku I believe.

0 Kudos
dag98

Yes.  Same problem.  Tried removing and even did factory reset (which was a royal pain to then have to sign in again on all the other apps I'm subscribed to).  Uninstall/reinstall/factory reset does nothing to resolve this issue.  

0 Kudos
bushido00

Thanks for this suggestion. I have had issues with Peacock and Hulu playback for the last few days and swapping to the hotspot on my phone instantly fixed the issue. So seems like something networking related. 

Previously I had tried steps like rebooting, reinstalling app, etc

0 Kudos

Same issue here on multiple TVs. We have tried all recommended options (restart/uninstall/network reset) to no avail. Browser player works fine. 

0 Kudos
JenGol

Re: Peacock Channel: "Something went wrong. Peacock is currently unavailable. Please try again

Same here - going on 3 days & I tried all troubleshooting steps. Peacock works great on all other devices. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Peacock Channel: "Something went wrong. Peacock is currently unavailable. Please try again

@JenGol wrote:

Same here - going on 3 days & I tried all troubleshooting steps. Peacock works great on all other devices. 

It doesn't matter if it works "great" on other devices. The Roku OS is not used on any other streaming device, nor is the programming language the app is written in. It may look the same on different devices, but it's completely different when you get to the program coding. It's not even close to the same app on different devices. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Fabien

Same issue here. Very frustrated with Roku not figuring out a solution 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Fabien wrote:

Same issue here. Very frustrated with Roku not figuring out a solution 

Roku can't figure out any solution. NBC/Peacock has to fix it. The app is under their control, not Roku. Peacock has already acknowledged they have a problem. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
DJH228
Reel Rookie

Re: Peacock Channel Not Loading (UPDATE)

So as well all know this problem started for most of us on Saturday-- many people on this community forum shared similar recommendations from Roku to try-- all failed.  Some people have reached out to Peacock-- I reached out to them today and they instructed me to unplug my internet -- so it is working now-- however--- I am hesitant to turn it off because it worked yesterday for 1 hr (with me using no interventions) and then it shut down again. Will update everyone tomorrow-- if this is successful-- well give it a try.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.