Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy4390
Reel Rookie

Peacock Channel: "Something went wrong. Peacock is currently unavailable. Please try again later"

For the past few days, every time I try and open the Peacock channel I get a screen with a sad cat (Puss & Boots maybe? LOL) saying "Something went wrong. Peacock is currently unavailable. Please try again later". I've hit retry a thousand times. Happening on both my Roku TV's and also my Roku Soundbar.

Labels (1)
42 REPLIES 42
dorpond
Channel Surfer

Re: Peacock Channel Not Loading

Same here on all 3 of my Roku’s. It works just fine on my iPhone connected to the same WiFi so it must be the Peacock Roku app. 

jg4080
Reel Rookie

Same problem here on two Roku TVs One a TCL the other a Vizio with a Roku stick. Says my version of the app is current. Streaming is getting to be a PIA and cable is looking better...except for the price gouging. Over 24 hour like this here. 

DJH228
Reel Rookie

Yup - me too!  Peacock works on my computer and my ipad-- but not Roku I have been in touch with them 3 times-- I restarted devices, updates systems, and recently pressed the home button 5 times then the back button 5 times and an "issue id" number comes up on the screen which I emailed and sent to the chat-- they then said that someone would email information on what to do-- it has been 24 hrs nothing-- so frustrating...

DJH228
Reel Rookie

Just tried again and this is what they said....

As for this, since the issue still persists after all the troubleshooting steps, please contact the channel directly for further assistance and tell them to restart their channel app on Roku devices.

Gleford
8:49 pm
The only authority that Roku has is to collect your payment for your subscription to Peacock TV.

Same issue here. Won't work on any of my Roku devices.

0 Kudos
toddhd

Me too. 😞

0 Kudos
kenjancef

Same here... even deleted and re-added the app. Pretty annoying that Roku doesn't help...

0 Kudos
AntiquitätBuch
Reel Rookie

Same, I did all of the troubleshooting and after speaking with Roku I was told to give it 30-50 and “it will be back.”  It had not been working for 36+ hours.  When I pushed back, I was told to not worry and that someone would contact me by email.  I haven’t received an email.

0 Kudos
AntiquitätBuch
Reel Rookie

I contacted Peacock earlier today and got nowhere with them.  I received an email that they are investigating the root cause.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.