Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC To Roku Screen Mirroring Pulsating Blur Glitch

Jump to solution

Successfully got my Roku to mirror my PC screen although the display isn't quite sized right, I can live with that. What I do have an issue with and cannot seem to fix is the constant pulsing of the image. 

It is like a sudden blurring of the image at the pace of a resting heartbeat. I got a video of it. I have been through all of my video options to no avail and I really have no idea how to remedy this issue.

If this doesn't work I will post the video to my YouTube account and share that here instead.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: PC To Roku Screen Mirroring Pulsating Blur Glitch

Jump to solution

Hi @mecapeman,

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are inquiring about how to use the screen mirroring feature on your PC.

We recommend checking our Roku Support to learn more including which players support this feature, check out the article that explains how to screen mirror your Android™ or Windows® phone to your Roku® streaming device

Thank you for providing us with an opportunity to assist you and thank you for choosing Roku.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
mecapeman

Jump to solution

What is the actual process of mirroring my pc to my roku?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mecapeman,

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are inquiring about how to use the screen mirroring feature on your PC.

We recommend checking our Roku Support to learn more including which players support this feature, check out the article that explains how to screen mirror your Android™ or Windows® phone to your Roku® streaming device

Thank you for providing us with an opportunity to assist you and thank you for choosing Roku.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DelilahDarkpelt
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am having this same issue and can find no solutions for the pulsating blur glitch in the article on how to cast to Roku

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @DelilahDarkpelt,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than delighted to assist you further. Please try the troubleshooting steps that @RokuMary-F provided above.

If the problem still persists, could you send us a photo or video of your running issue? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?
Let us know how it works, and we'll await your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DelilahDarkpelt
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have gone through the entirety of the screen casting setup guide RokuMary-F linked and found nothing that helped, additionally I have tried restarting the Roku, disconnecting and reconnecting to the Wi-Fi, checking for software updates, and disabling the noise reduction on my TV.

Where/how should I send the video of the issue?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku community, @DelilahDarkpelt!

Thanks for reaching out regarding this matter. We'll do our best to find you the best resolution possible.

Kindly provide us the model of your PC and the Roku streaming player you want to screen mirror it from. 

Furthermore, if you want to provide us with a video, you can create a file and send us the link via PM (to send us a PM, select my username > view my profile > send this user a private message).

We'll be anticipating your response! 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DelilahDarkpelt
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm using a Roku Streaming Stick 4k

My computer is running windows 10 Home version 10.0.19045 Build 19045
System Model MS-7C37
x64-Based

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060

Motherboard: MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi

I can send a system info file if you have somewhere I can upload it

Here's a link to a video I took of the issue: https://youtu.be/rUOXnUpuCvE?si=nOKza0PCceKmooR7

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted, @DelilahDarkpelt 

Can we have your Roku device information, such as Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)?

Additionally, is there no pulsating display when you're using the PC without the screen mirroring feature?

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DelilahDarkpelt
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Correct, the pulsating blur does not occur on my monitor or if the TV is connected directly to something with an HDMI cable, only when screen casting through the Roku

Model: 3820X - Streaming Stick 4K

Serial Number: X01700LRCNC9

Software Version: 12.5.0 - Build 4178-CU

Device ID S08Y428RCNC9

0 Kudos