Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luna6891

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

Jump to solution

I've had the same issue. (There is no error prompt) it's as if you would just hit the home button. (I honestly thought a neighbor was messing with me) lol  I removed netflix, added it back- signed in. It kicked me back out. I Restarted my roku TV by going to the restart choice in the settings ( not by the power button) and so far it is working! Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Mckena53

Jump to solution

Has anyone gotten a resolution to this problem?

0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Nope. It has been kicking me out of Hulu and back yo the home screen every 1/2 hour for most of the day today. Samsung smart Tv with Roku stick. And the worst part is I have one other Tv and stick that kicks me out and back to the home screen too at various times.

0 Kudos
Tina1979

Jump to solution

None of these options Help?

What else can  I do???

0 Kudos
Rlrth

Jump to solution

I’ve been having this issue and I just went to the settings > system > system reset and that seems to have worked!! (For now)

Monkfest

Jump to solution

I'm running into this same issue with my TCL Roku TV.  I deleted and reinstalled the app - didn't work.  Just went into settings and "restarted".  Waiting to see if this works. 

0 Kudos
Bobcat447

Jump to solution

I found a fix!! You have to clear the cache from the Roku device. I personally own a TCL Roku TV and I found this guy’s webpage with multiple options to fix the kicking out to Home Screen issue. 

https://techprofet.com/roku-tv-keeps-going-back-to-home-screen/

I wish you all the best of luck! I’m praying this fix holds because I was becoming quite frustrated.. got to watch my Grey’s Anatomy without interruption okayyyy!! 

Timandkelly
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Bobcat447

it worked for us.  We unplugged out Roku TV, held the power button on the remote fir 30 secs, plugged the TV back in after 60 secs and it worked

https://techprofet.com/roku-tv-keeps-going-back-to-home-screen/

Thank you so much for the info and happy watching 

0 Kudos
rep99usa
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

that was the only issue i was having

0 Kudos
rep99usa
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

i did all of those didnt fix the problem

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.