Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Todd80
Binge Watcher

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

Jump to solution

I unplugged my TVs from power and my stream bar. Its all working again. 

0 Kudos
dnaylor5
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Stop saying it’s working . I see replys from the beginning of this thread talking about oh it’s fixed and then boom what do u know that same person is back in the thread a couple days later complaining about the issue again. Sure whatever hack you come up with fixes it for a few days but then it’s back to exiting to the Home Screen again. We need a PERMANENT solution! This issue has been going on for years and it’s finally getting some attention. There is NOTHING that can be done on the user end to fix this, Roku has to.

0 Kudos
Suejetski
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Everyone, @dnaylor5

I just noticed they made a menu change again. Added a Grammy bulls**t link. If your apps broke in the past couple days, I’m guessing when they take that link down after the Grammys, your apps will work again. That happened to me with the NYE menu link they added. Still have some issues, but they're minor in comparison. 

sharkbaot2010
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yeah nothing is working for me. I’m having use to use my chromecast to do EVERYTHING on the tv. I was trying to watch a movie on Disney+ and it did it five time within the first 10 minutes of the movie until I finally went to chromecast. Factory reset hasn’t worked. Nothing. If they’re not willing to even try to figure out what is happening for people when it’s been happening to them for years. I’m buying a different brand tv with Google or amazon. 

Todd80
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I get your point, but it is still working. At least for now. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @sharkbaot2010,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us regarding the kickback issue on your Roku device and taking troubleshooting steps to try to resolve the issue. We'd like to gather further information so it can be forwarded to the appropriate Roku team, who will investigate this case. Kindly provide the details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About.).
  • What version/build of the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
Todd80
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The next time it happens I will collect the info and send it. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Todd80,

Thanks for the response!

No worries; if the issue persists or if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to keep us posted and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator