Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix 'insufficient power' or 'low power' warning

I have had this thing for about 2 months, this same issue started and i cannot resovle. I have been plugged into a wall plug since i got it, i have changed which port, atill blinking blue light

21 REPLIES 21
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to fix 'insufficient power' or 'low power' warning

Hi @BigShawn_75,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot with low power issue: What to do if the red light is flashing, or you see a "low-power" warning | Official Roku Support

If you cannot resolve the issue, please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
baconfiend

I've been having this problem for months, sometimes just unplugging and plugging the Roku power cable back in resets it and it works for a bit, but ultimately the same error happens. This is pretty good evidence of a company with a terrible product that's going down in flames. No wonder the company's stock has tanked big time over the last year.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @baconfiend

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

We would recommend starting with the suggestions available on the link posted by @RokuMary-F above. If still no dice, please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. This can be found in the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > About

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
gulf747
Reel Rookie

I have 2 Roku units purchased at the same time and I have been receiving the Low Power warnings on both for a while. I keep unplugging them from the outlet, running thru the TV's usb and it happens continually. Can I get these replaced with working units? Thank you.

C23911172746

C2391E802079

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @gulf747

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried all the suggestions in this support link: What to do if the red light is flashing, or you see a "low-power" warning? If yes, please let us know so we can assist you further.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
gulf747
Reel Rookie

Kariza:

Thank you for your prompt reply. It appears that the power adapters are failed or are failing. I plugged one into my Samsung TV usb and it works for a short time and then I get the low power and the ROKU freezes. The other one I just removed from the system. It required constant plugging/unplugging.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@gulf747

Thanks for the update.

Have you tried to power the Roku devices and plugged into a wall outlet? Please be advised that Roku devices can be powered by connecting to the USB port of the TV (“USB-powered”). However, in some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
gulf747
Reel Rookie

Nimfa:

I plugged the Roku in to my Samsung TV and it is working. It has to boot up each time I turn on the TV. The problem seems to be the power adapter on both of my Roku units. One is failing and the other one has failed. It works sporadically, if at all.

Thank you.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@gulf747

Thanks for the post and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos