Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RRB24

Re: Disney Plus is freezing after ad breaks

Jump to solution

I still have not found a solution the Disney Plus app

Brinx
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Since this is still an issue, I'd like to reiterate the least painful stopgap that has been found by members of this group. 

• If you pause the commercial somewhere in the last 10 seconds for a few seconds, the system seems to catch up and you do not get the error or more commercials. 

This is annoying, but it's the least annoying solution short of watching another streaming service. 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention regarding the issue you've encountered with Disney+ freezing after an Ad break.

As a workaround, we recommend performing a troubleshooting step to resolve the issue. Please be guided in the following instructions below:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

If the issue persists after performing the steps mentioned above, kindly provide the details below so we can forward it to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we work on this matter.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Brinx
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

As stated before... This solution does not work.  It is not our internet connection, it is not a problem with our device, and getting rid of the app and reinstalling does not fix it either.  This is the only app doing this and the least annoying way to deal with it is to pause each commercial break within 10 seconds of the end and hit play after a few seconds, but it's still pretty annoying, especially if you leave the room for a second and don't pause it in time, so you have to exit, play again and wait for another round of commercials to continue.  I'm beginning to think Disney is doing it on purpose to annoy people into getting the no commercial option.  I will go back to netflix before I go no commercials because an app is broken otherwise.

debazer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue here.

Very frustrating with young kids.
I guess I should just cancel the channel and pirate the content via YouTube or a torrent.

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, @debazer.

Thanks for stopping by here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know that you're also encountering a problem with Disney Plus that freezes after ad breaks. No worries; we're here to take care of it for you. 

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? If you haven't tried any troubleshooting, try performing the steps above by @RokuTakashi to see if they make any difference. 

In the meantime, if you see that the issue is not resolved after doing the troubleshooting, please provide the following information below for further investigation:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (these can all be found in Settings System About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build version.

Please get back to us and let us know how this works.

Regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Normio

Jump to solution

OK. SOOO...

I have read ALL 4 pages available at the time of this post and seems you keep giving the same solution that as several folks are saying "The fix" you seem to be just copying and pasting DOES NOT FIX THE ISSUE !! Kindly help with a new solution please. Or just say you don't know and escalate the issue. (also I'm sure calling Disney/Hulu will direct us back to Roku. and I'm pretty sure you know this?)

Heres my setup of hardware I'm having the same issue and I will describe the issue as detailed as precise as I can first.

AFTER an add plays on a Hulu program on the Disney+ app on my Roku sound bar, The screen goes black for 90 seconds or so. it becomes unresponsive to any buttons and if you hit the rewind button during that time? When it does wake, you have a "140" countdown and have to sit through commercials AGAIN! after that, you get to watch your show and it will do it all over again after the next and EVERY Ad break!!

I have Tmobile wifi home internet that I connect my roku soundbar to and use it to stream my Disney+ when watching Disney or Hulu content. It only freezes when I use that device and that channel. 

Hope this helps you fix the issue. Thanks very much.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Normio 

Welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you have encountered with Disney Plus specifically with an ad break, and we know how this affects your streaming experience. Would you be so kind as to provide the requested details by @RokuEmmanuel-D above this thread? Our team will investigate this issue further.

We hope for your response regarding this matter.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
debazer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Normio looks like you got the typical automated reply, even though you provided the exact information they asked for...

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.