Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gregg827
Reel Rookie

New CNN Update is Freezing on the New Menu Screen on my Roku Player

Hi all,

I tried to access CNN via the Roku player as I usually do, and today there was an update about their "new and improved" menu. However, it's not improved; I can't access anything and just see a black screen with some menu text, but no pictures. 

Any help?

Edit: It doesn't work on my Roku TV either!

Labels (2)
14 REPLIES 14
Smrliving

Re: New CNN Update is Freezing on the New Menu Screen on my Roku Player

Any help

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @gregg827.

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're encountering an issue with CNN. Rest assured that we're dedicated to getting you back on streaming CNN so you can start watching the shows you love. 

Have you tried checking if this is only happening to CNN? If not, we recommend trying other channels if they also experienced the same issue. Also, if you noticed that this was happening only to CNN, we suggest trying the troubleshooting steps provided below: 

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star 

* to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: You can refer to the instructions below on how to reboot your Roku. 
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

If you happen to see that CNN is not the only channel that is experiencing the issue, below are the suggested workarounds that can help you resolve the issue: 

Restart your router

Unplug your router and plug it back in, and in other cases, you may need to press a reset button on the device. For help, visit the website of your ISP or router manufacturer or contact them directly.

Restart your Roku device.

To restart your Roku device, unplug the power cable, wait a moment, and reconnect it. Alternatively, you can use the following steps to restart it from the Settings menu.

1. Press Home 

on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

For more comprehensive troubleshooting, visit this support article: How to resolve a channel playback issue.

Let us know if this works for you. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tigger74

Same here. They broke something today.

Re-starting doesn't help.

Delete/reinstall doesn't help.

All other apps stream fine. It's not us!

gregg827
Reel Rookie

Good to know I'm not the only one! 

I tried everything the internet said to do (restarted router, etc). Disney+, etc is fine; only CNN isn't working.

bbbl

Deleting CNN, restarting, adding CNN back in did not work for me

gregg827
Reel Rookie

Of course I tried all of this before posting here. It's the CNN Roku app's fault; everything else works fine!

0 Kudos
LincolnA
Reel Rookie

It happened to me just day too. I’ve tried everything, deleted and reinstalled, unplugged and plugged router/modem and tv back and nothing, still doesn’t work. Please provide us with a fixable solution for it! 
thank you 

LincolnA
Reel Rookie

This solution is not working, it doesn’t fix the issue! All of it happened today after a new update on their navigation menu! Please find a solution for it 

Deanasme

I tried everything too and its now working.  HELP.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.