Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
know1one
Reel Rookie

Re: Smart Home app demands I enable two-factor authentication - even after turning it off

AGAIN firstly - to anyone from ROKU who might be reading this -- take your 2FA and shove it !!

Yes, ideally when I am on my COMPUTER and logging into my account, I don't mind a 2FA - when I am using the app to see who just pressed my doorbell OR a package has been detected - I am NOT & should not HAVE to enter my phone number for 2FA, if this is the practice you now employ - you can take your Smart Home **bleep** and shove them !!

Secondly to anyone else - for those of you who mentioned using other brand devices like RING, who do NOT require a 2FA, could you please recommend them - are there any doorbell cameras like ROKU (maybe RING) who does NOT employ this 2FA garbage  😡🖕 for using the app ??

THANK YOU !!

0 Kudos
tlh119

Re: Smart Home app demands I enable two-factor authentication - even after turning it off

I will no longer purchase Roku home devices until 2fa is disabled by default. This is so inconvenient for families. 

0 Kudos
Theseus

"You" are requiring two-factor authentication? Even though, I too, will be returning all things ROKU and getting my money back.

WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS! You are NOT a bank, GD it!

If your hardware is not "secure", you should fix it or not release it.

I have a TV and some light bulbs that I cannot use because "You" are requiring two-factor authentication. And it isn't like we didn't try. It is "you" who are blowing it.

We thought Roku was cool and now, we hate you. Good job.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.