Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idPrescott
Channel Surfer

Re: App wont update And no option to update in the App Store it just says open I’m stuck in a loop

Jump to solution

We’re approaching 4 days with this issue. I still can’t get in to the app which renders EVERYTHING useless. How incompetent is the engineering team that they can’t issue a hot fix to the App Store and force an update?  I’m about to smash everything Roku that I have with a hammer, mail the pieces to the support team, and go to a competitor. I’m done. 

0 Kudos
td3620

Re: App wont update And no option to update in the App Store it just says open I’m stuck in a loop

Jump to solution

They seem to not care. I having the same problem.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello Community Users!

Thanks for the updates,

If you are experiencing issues with the Roku Smart Home App being stuck in a loop with no option to update, please follow these steps.

• Signing out of the account 
  • Delete the Roku Smart Home App
  • Redownloading the Smart Home App
  • Signing back into your account
  • Updating your App

If the issue persists, please provide us with the following information:

• Mobile phone make/model & mobile OS (Android/iOS) version:
  • App version:

Please keep us updated on what you discover. We will be happy to continue assisting you. We look forward to your response.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jowen82
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’ve cleared all cache, signed out, uninstalled, reinstalled, signed in, allowed notifications, wham prompted to update, go to App Store and it just shows open, click open goes back to update app, signed out of App Store, signed back in, nothing works.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jowen82,

Thanks for the update,

Let’s try deleting the whole app, power cycling the phone, downloading the app, power cycling the phone, and starting it again. Let’s see if that helps.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jowen82
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Been there done that no change

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jowen82,

Thanks for the update,

We would be more than happy to investigate further, but we will need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information: 

• Mobile phone make/model & mobile OS (Android/iOS) version:
  • Store App version:

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.
We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jowen82
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

iPhone 15 Pro Max iOS 17.5

Roku version 2.7.2 is the highest I can go to

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jowen82,

Thanks for the information,

We have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
idPrescott
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Still not fixed - tried all listed solutions. 

iPhone 13, iOS 17.5, blah blah blah… nothing. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.