Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LHess
Reel Rookie

App wont update And no option to update in the App Store it just says open I’m stuck in a loop

Jump to solution

cannot open Roku Smart Home app. It tells me I need to update before I continue, but there’s no update option in App Store. It just says open and I’m stuck in a continuous loop

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: App wont update And no option to update in the App Store it just says open I’m stuck in a loop

Jump to solution

Hello Community Users!

Thank you for contacting us regarding the issue with the Roku Smart Home App. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We are happy to inform you that we believe the issue has been resolved. However, if you are still experiencing problems or feel that your issue has not been resolved, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Additionally, you can always seek further assistance at support.roku.com whenever you need it.

Thank you! 

Regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20

Re: App wont update And no option to update in the App Store it just says open I’m stuck in a loop

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem! Did you ever get it fixed?

kodalee

Jump to solution

Seems like this is just an app issue on it's own.

gspdogman

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. Requires updating the app BUT it is current AND there are no options in the Play Store for updating!!!!

kodalee

Jump to solution

Yep, I'm on Apple and it just doesn't have an update option.

Jump to solution

I'm experiencing the same issue for the Android app.

LHess
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

ended up deleting the app and reloading it and then just kept opening it a couple times and restarted my phone

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello Community Users!

Thank you for contacting us regarding the issue with the Roku Smart Home App. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We are happy to inform you that we believe the issue has been resolved. However, if you are still experiencing problems or feel that your issue has not been resolved, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Additionally, you can always seek further assistance at support.roku.com whenever you need it.

Thank you! 

Regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
idPrescott
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This isn’t resolved. I’m still stuck in a loop myself - 9 hours after your “resolved” post. How can I get this fixed?!  

0 Kudos
Jowen82
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This issue is still present. Have deleted the app and reinstalled but still says need to update. No update in App Store as of 5/15 6:30pm EST

0 Kudos