Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: App wont update And no option to update in the App Store it just says open I’m stuck in a loop

Jump to solution

@idPrescott,

Thanks for the information,

We understand your frustration and want to assure you that we have passed your information along to the right Roku team for investigation. We appreciate your ongoing patience and understanding. We are committed to working with you to resolve this issue and look forward to assisting you every step of the way.

Regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
idPrescott
Channel Surfer

Re: App wont update And no option to update in the App Store it just says open I’m stuck in a loop

Jump to solution

We’ve been abandoned here. Is there any resolution in sight?  I mean, seriously…it’s been 2 weeks. How hard is this?

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@idPrescott,

Thanks for the follow-up.

We understand how important it is for you to have this issue resolved, and we want to assure you that we are continuing to investigate it. We truly appreciate your patience, and we are committed to providing you with a more detailed update as soon as possible. Your feedback is valuable to us, so please feel free to share any additional thoughts or concerns. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jowen82
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ok update. I received an email stating I was in some beta program and that’s why it stopped working as they had a beta update. They removed me from that list and the app started to work again. A week later it’s back to needing an update again. This is making me want to switch products. I can’t view any of my cameras and it’s very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
idPrescott
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It’s shocking to me that the beta updates are preventing the normal version of the app to function. What incompetence. 

0 Kudos
Houghtalingld
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue still with the app on my phone and I can't seem to find the older version of the smart home app to install it. I just keep going in a loop

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.