Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whenever i go to my ps5 on my roku my movement on the ps5 is super delayed

Jump to solution

Help please

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Whenever i go to my ps5 on my roku my movement on the ps5 is super delayed

Jump to solution

Hello! @mjjustbetter,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community! 

We appreciate your contact regarding the video lag issue on your Roku TV with your PS5. We are happy to help.

When using an interactive device connected to your Roku TV, such as an Xbox, PlayStation, or personal computer, you may notice a slight video delay or what some may call "video lag."

You can enable Game Mode for that source to minimize the video delay on your HDMI or AV input, improving the video response time.

Use the steps below to turn Game mode on (or off) when using an external device connected to your Roku TV.

1. Switch to the input on your Roku TV where your game console or computer is connected (e.g., HDMI 1, HDMI 2, AV).
  2. Press the Star button on your Roku TV remote. 

3. Use the directional pad to scroll up or down and select Picture settings. The directional pad is plus-shaped and is in the center of your Roku remote.
  4. Scroll and highlight Game mode.
  5. Press left or right on the directional pad to turn Game mode On (or Off)
  • If your Roku TV uses Automatic Game Console Configuration to configure game settings automatically, it will automatically turn the Game mode on. You can use the instructions above to turn Game mode off.
  • When Auto Low-Latency Mode (or ALLM) is enabled on a game console that supports this feature (e.g., Xbox One, Xbox Series X), Game mode is turned on automatically. If you need to turn the Game mode off, disable ALLM on your game console.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @mjjustbetter.

Welcome, and thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We noticed your post about the delays on your Roku when you tried to use your PS5. We want to dig deep into it and investigate this further.

What Roku device/TV is affected? If you haven't done any troubleshooting, try performing a system reboot on your Roku. Just navigate to Settings > System > Power (Skip Power if there is no option), then proceed to System Restart.

Let us know how this works.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @mjjustbetter,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community! 

We appreciate your contact regarding the video lag issue on your Roku TV with your PS5. We are happy to help.

When using an interactive device connected to your Roku TV, such as an Xbox, PlayStation, or personal computer, you may notice a slight video delay or what some may call "video lag."

You can enable Game Mode for that source to minimize the video delay on your HDMI or AV input, improving the video response time.

Use the steps below to turn Game mode on (or off) when using an external device connected to your Roku TV.

1. Switch to the input on your Roku TV where your game console or computer is connected (e.g., HDMI 1, HDMI 2, AV).
  2. Press the Star button on your Roku TV remote. 

3. Use the directional pad to scroll up or down and select Picture settings. The directional pad is plus-shaped and is in the center of your Roku remote.
  4. Scroll and highlight Game mode.
  5. Press left or right on the directional pad to turn Game mode On (or Off)
  • If your Roku TV uses Automatic Game Console Configuration to configure game settings automatically, it will automatically turn the Game mode on. You can use the instructions above to turn Game mode off.
  • When Auto Low-Latency Mode (or ALLM) is enabled on a game console that supports this feature (e.g., Xbox One, Xbox Series X), Game mode is turned on automatically. If you need to turn the Game mode off, disable ALLM on your game console.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.