Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vickala

Unable to reconnect Roku on my TV

Jump to solution

I was using Roku on my tv, but had to unplug both because of new flooring.  In am now trying to reconnect Roku and do not seem to o it.  I have checked my connections and unplugged everything and replugged it all back in, but till cannot get Roku.  I have an older Samsung TV and a new remote which wad working and a 3 Roku device.  Where do I go from here?

Vickie

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unable to reconnect Roku on my TV

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Vickala.

Thanks for letting us know about your concern regarding your Roku not reconnecting on your TV. We're curious to know about it, and we're here to resolve your problem. 

If you've already plugged everything into the TV and the Roku will still not appear on the screen, try the suggested troubleshooting steps below:

• Try checking if there is a light on your Roku. If the light is not coming on, it means that the Roku is not sufficiently supplied with power; you might need to check if the power adaptor is plugged firmly into the device.
  • You may also need to check if the Roku is tuned into the TV's HDMI input. Find the original TV remote and look for the source button, then hover the remote to the right HDMI input. Remember where you connected your HDMI cable so you will have a guide for configuring it. For further assistance in changing the HDMI input, contact your TV manufacturer.
  • Try changing the Power Adaptor. It is possible that the Roku's original power adaptor is not working. Try changing it to see if it makes any difference.
  • Check if the HDMI cable is firmly connected to the back of the TV. Loose HDMI cables will hinder the connection from the Roku device to your TV. Securing the cables might help in restoring the connection of both devices. 
  • Try it on a different power outlet. Some outlets do not supply enough electricity to power your Roku, so changing it might help your situation.
  • Try it on a different HDMI port. It is also possible that the TV's HDMI port is not working; connecting it to a different HDMI port will help us isolate the problem. 
  • Lastly, try it on a different TV. If you have another TV, connecting it to another TV will help us isolate even more and determine whether it is an issue with the TV or device. 

For more troubleshooting steps, visit this support FAQ on what to do if your Roku streaming player does not power up.

Let us know how this works.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Vickala.

Thanks for letting us know about your concern regarding your Roku not reconnecting on your TV. We're curious to know about it, and we're here to resolve your problem. 

If you've already plugged everything into the TV and the Roku will still not appear on the screen, try the suggested troubleshooting steps below:

• Try checking if there is a light on your Roku. If the light is not coming on, it means that the Roku is not sufficiently supplied with power; you might need to check if the power adaptor is plugged firmly into the device.
  • You may also need to check if the Roku is tuned into the TV's HDMI input. Find the original TV remote and look for the source button, then hover the remote to the right HDMI input. Remember where you connected your HDMI cable so you will have a guide for configuring it. For further assistance in changing the HDMI input, contact your TV manufacturer.
  • Try changing the Power Adaptor. It is possible that the Roku's original power adaptor is not working. Try changing it to see if it makes any difference.
  • Check if the HDMI cable is firmly connected to the back of the TV. Loose HDMI cables will hinder the connection from the Roku device to your TV. Securing the cables might help in restoring the connection of both devices. 
  • Try it on a different power outlet. Some outlets do not supply enough electricity to power your Roku, so changing it might help your situation.
  • Try it on a different HDMI port. It is also possible that the TV's HDMI port is not working; connecting it to a different HDMI port will help us isolate the problem. 
  • Lastly, try it on a different TV. If you have another TV, connecting it to another TV will help us isolate even more and determine whether it is an issue with the TV or device. 

For more troubleshooting steps, visit this support FAQ on what to do if your Roku streaming player does not power up.

Let us know how this works.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jgsaks

Jump to solution

I did connect roku but I can't get any farther than "unable to connect.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jgsaks,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We do not have enough details from your details to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about the issue you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help.

• What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV)
  • Are there any changes in the setup or settings of your Roku device or your network provider that might cause the problem?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.