Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
willylee
Reel Rookie

Roku Streambar stuck in a recovery mode update loop

Jump to solution

My Roku Streambar is stuck in Recovery Mode.

It has been working well for two years, same connections, same wifi. I noticed the front LED was glowing orange, so I turned on the TV to find that it was in Recovery Mode.

Selected English, WiFi connection, added password. It downloads an update and restarts. Then you see a "don't unplug while we update." Then it goes back to the Recovery Mode page.

I unplugged it overnight, but it still does that on restart. I held down reset for 30s, still on recovery mode. I tried in French. I switched to a different wireless network. All no good.

On the Recovery page, I have the version 9.3.0 * 1060 and Roku 9102R.

Any better ideas?

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar stuck in a recovery mode update loop

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We hear you!

The Roku team is aware of the problem causing Roku Streambars to get stuck in a recovery mode update loop. We're on the case and actively investigating the issue.

To help us fix it faster, if you're experiencing this problem, please grab a screenshot of what you see on your screen. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? This will be super helpful to our investigation team.

Note: We'll mark this post as solved for visibility and as a reference for other users.

Our top priority is getting your Roku Streambar back up and running smoothly. We appreciate your patience as we work on a solution. We'll provide an update as soon as we have more information.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @skullseeker,

Thanks for keeping in touch with us at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know that you are still experiencing the issue and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

In this case, we recommend performing a factory reset on your Roku device. Please be aware that once your device has been factory reset, you must set up the streaming device again.

You can follow these steps to perform a factory reset from the Settings menu:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Advanced System settings
  5. Select Factory reset
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move to the next step.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions.

For more information about Factory resetting a Roku device, visit our Support page here: System restart or Factory reset your streaming device.

Please let us know if that fixes the issue, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
48 REPLIES 48
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @willylee,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for getting in touch about the issue with your Roku Streambar. We appreciate your efforts in trying to fix it. We'd like to help you out. When you do a factory reset, do you see the status light blinking? Also, we'd need the serial number of this device to further look into it.

Keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
willylee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I haven't been able to get holding the reset button to do much more than go back to either the recovery console mode or to the picture of the outlet telling me not to unplug while updating.

Serial number yl009n545406

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update @willylee,

We'll forward this to the appropriate Roku team for additional investigation. Once we have an update, we'll keep this thread posted. 

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ranger198

Jump to solution

I have this exact issue and cannot get past the recovery mode. Started today  

CTOCSE8
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Have manually ran update over several days from 12.5.5.4174 to 13.0.0.24056.  It goes through the update process to 100% and restarts.  I get the pop up to leave it plugged in until finished as it might take a bit.

I have excellent connectivity, have bounced the router and selected alternate wifi segments and the ROKU several times. 

Stuck on build 12 in perpetuity.  I ran the last manual update that took in January 16 manually with no problems.  The automatic update process never apparently kicks off, but manual one seemed to work until 13.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @CTOCSE8,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We would be happy to look further into this issue with the Roku Streambar but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• What specific Roku device is affected? How about the running OS of this device?
  • Does this only happen with one of your Roku devices?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?
  • Have you tried connecting the device to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, just to check or make improvements?

With more details, we'll be able to provide you with the best resolution possible. We are anticipating your response.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
POKIE277
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Geez!  Glad I'm not the only one!  I am also having the same issue with the same Roku Bar.  Just keeps looping with update, restart, then go through connect to update, update, restart, etc.  

0 Kudos
ddubov
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue! S/N YL003P268852

0 Kudos
Pat17

Jump to solution

Same issue.  S/N. YL00G6081902

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.