Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DVandersys

2500K Activation. Website does not accept code

Jump to solution

I bought a used Roku 2500K to use with my old CRT TV which uses composite A/V cables. Apparently the device is no longer supported (or at least not supported very well anymore) by Roku. When I try to enter the 4 digit on-screen activation code into the Roku link website, it does not accept the code. Is there still a way to use this device? I want to watch Netflix on my old Trinitron! Thanks!

-David

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 2500K Activation. Website does not accept code

Jump to solution

No, the 2500 is now 14 years old, and no longer supported by Roku or literally every streaming provider. It's nothing but a paperweight now. Your TV probably requires something with analog outputs. That's virtually impossible to find in a streaming player today. There are HDMI to analog converters that some have used successfully with a newer Roku player. But I can't provide any brands or model numbers of what would work. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 2500K Activation. Website does not accept code

Jump to solution

No, the 2500 is now 14 years old, and no longer supported by Roku or literally every streaming provider. It's nothing but a paperweight now. Your TV probably requires something with analog outputs. That's virtually impossible to find in a streaming player today. There are HDMI to analog converters that some have used successfully with a newer Roku player. But I can't provide any brands or model numbers of what would work. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.