Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skullseeker
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streambar stuck in a recovery mode update loop

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problems as those above (endless loop) and none of the solutions offered have worked.  I fear i'm dealing with a bricked device.

version: 9.3.0 * 1060

serial number: YL00EC435691

device id: 2A119E435691

roku: 9102R

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We hear you!

The Roku team is aware of the problem causing Roku Streambars to get stuck in a recovery mode update loop. We're on the case and actively investigating the issue.

To help us fix it faster, if you're experiencing this problem, please grab a screenshot of what you see on your screen. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? This will be super helpful to our investigation team.

Note: We'll mark this post as solved for visibility and as a reference for other users.

Our top priority is getting your Roku Streambar back up and running smoothly. We appreciate your patience as we work on a solution. We'll provide an update as soon as we have more information.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
ddubov
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

1000004854.jpg

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We hope you are doing well. Also, we express our gratitude for your patience and understanding as we addressed the matter.

We are actively investigating your problem, causing Roku Streambars to get stuck in a recovery mode update loop.

Could you please confirm whether you are still experiencing the issue? The Roku Engineers made an adjustment, which we hope fixed the problem.

If the issue persists, please inform us, along with any additional details that could aid our team in resolving the problem.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs. We are committed to finding a solution for this issue. Thank you!

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CTOCSE8
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku reached out with PM to try it again. On 2nd attempted recovery it finally restored on Roku OS 12.5.5.

i tried to manually update the ROKU OS to 13, but it still doesn’t work.  
At least it’s not a helium leak stranding me on orbit lol!  Waiting for the Roku Apollo 13 🚀 👨‍🚀 fix.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @CTOCSE8,

Thank you for the update!

We appreciate you following up on this and will let our Roku team know about your update.

Please let us know if there are other related issues we can look into further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
skullseeker
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I retried the process three more times and im still stuck in the loop.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @skullseeker,

Thanks for keeping in touch with us at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know that you are still experiencing the issue and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

In this case, we recommend performing a factory reset on your Roku device. Please be aware that once your device has been factory reset, you must set up the streaming device again.

You can follow these steps to perform a factory reset from the Settings menu:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Advanced System settings
  5. Select Factory reset
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move to the next step.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions.

For more information about Factory resetting a Roku device, visit our Support page here: System restart or Factory reset your streaming device.

Please let us know if that fixes the issue, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dragonfire88
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was able to get the update to complete.  My Roku Soundbar is now working!  Thanks so much for your help!

haybob
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku contacted me to try again.  It took 2 tries but the roku is running again at version 12.5.5.

Thanks for getting my device working again.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.