Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CTOCSE8
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Streambar stuck in a recovery mode update loop

Jump to solution

Power to the 9102 Soundbar   I have is via it's own dedicated power adapter.  Normally connected via WIFI whiich all my other devices are currently on same channel with no issues.  I have 4 channels and moved this device to another segment with no change in symptoms.

I've reset the thing multiple times and attempted the recovery in English, Spanish & French.  Again no change in symptoms what ever language I use.

I've removed it and used physical ethernet connection with no change in symptoms.

Also used normal USB remote and battery remote paired up with the device. I've been trying to update from 12.x.x for weeks and have ran the update manually to have it t ell me the download was complete and then the installation was complete and then it would reboot, back to 12.x.x.  I reported that and then awoke to the Blue Screen Recovery mode and was hoping it had finally updated.

This Soundbar is a brick @ almost 2 years old.!

Blue Screen of Death Recovery mode, connect to wifi channel abc or d in any language. Put password in and get the downloading.installing kabooki notice.  Dancing ROKU letters appear, it reboots, pop up window tells me to leave it powered via plug to finish installation and then we return to the Roku Blue Screen of Death Recovery screen.

0 Kudos
jenwithonen
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It would be nice if factory reset worked, but it does not. The device goes straight back to Recovery Mode.

I have tried everything I can think of: reset both the soundbar and my router, left them unplugged for a bit, tried a different WiFi network, tried recovery in different languages. It looks like it's updating, but then reverts back to Recovery Mode. It's connected to a Philips Smart TV via HDMI.

Version 9.3.0 * 1060
Serial number YL007A248993
Device ID 2A1197248993
Roku 9102R

ddubov
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yeah, same here.

Plugged into the wall, tried the factory reset, holding down the button for a full 60 seconds, etc. etc. etc. Always goes back to the Recovery Mode screen.

I now have a $200 brick. What a sad waste and pitiful, slow, and inadequate response from @Roku.

POKIE277
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am still stuck.  I have my streambar plugged into the wall.  Connected to my Samsung tv via HDMI cable.  I have ran through the recovery download multiple times and comes back to the recovery start page every time.  I have held down the rest button multiple times to reset the system and it comes back to the recovery mode start page every time. 

Serial YL002K763299

ID 3K6222763299

ROKU 9101R2

0 Kudos
CTOCSE8
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

TV's are another issue entirely since they are embedded in the non-Roku branded devices. 

0 Kudos
dragonfire88
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem with my Roku Streambar.  I held the reset button for 10 seconds after plugging in the power back in.   The light turned green, and after connecting to my wifi, I clicked "Update" which goes through the update.  It eventually gets back to the same Recover Mode screen again where I have to repeat the whole process.

My Roku Streambar is plugged through the AC adapter.   I bought it only a little over a year ago and it has been working fine until recently.

Can you please help me?   What else can I do?  It's stuck in an infinite loop on the Recovery Mode. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
dragonfire88
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having exactly the same issue.  This is a widespread issue with Roku Streambar users that just started in the past week.

Please urgently help us as our Roku Streambar is unusable!!!!!!   There must have been a bad update that messed all Roku Streambar.

I have:

Version 9.3.0*1062

Serial YL007L542853

Device ID 2A1297542853

0 Kudos
Srsmithee

Jump to solution

Same issue here. Remote won’t respond to select a language. This is the info listed on the bottom of my recovery screen. 

Version: 9.3.0 * 1058

S/N: YL00FV314889

Device ID: 3K619F314889

Roku: 9101R2

0 Kudos
RoseRed
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same Problem, joined community just to comment. Roku Streambar light went orange maybe 3 weeks ago. I was away only eventually noticed because sound now went to TV speakers.

I do not have a remote paired to the Streambar, as I foolishly reset its remote to pair with Roku TV as part of changing its batteries, as early troubleshooting.

Version 9.3.0*1050  (yes really 1050, I see others have 1060)

YL008W427404

2A10C8427404

Roku 9102R

• Power Source:  plugged directly into a wall outlet
  • TV Brand: Roku Element, connected on HDMI1(ARC)
  • Troubleshooting Attempts: 
  • Power cycling Steambar and Wifi, checking HDMI connections.
  • Home-Settings-TV inputs-Soundbar-Remove-Confirm - this is how I first saw the Purple Recovery mode screen.
  • After 'Remove'-'Confirm', I added soundbar back as TV input, and realized I could see a Soundbar icon on my Home Screen 'Apps and Inputs'. Selecting gives purple recovery mode screen, with box to select language. No remote, so cannot select anything.
  • Factory Reset: Held the reset button for 30 seconds. Goes to 'No signal, is it on?' then 'Please keep your device plugged in..etc' then back to Purple Recovery Mode.
0 Kudos
CTOCSE8
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

RoseRed

You can get your remote paired back to your brick.  It will still be a brick even after you pair it back up.

Internet of Things will be the next toxic superfund site co-located with end of life/junkyard EV's and web connected bidets.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.