Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Remote will blink but won't pair

I bought a Roku  4K player and have tried to set it up multiple times over the last several months and have never been able to get the stupid remote to pair. The green light just blinks and blinks and it never pairs with a device so I have never been able to use it.  What a waste of money I will never give this company another dime.  The support is absolutely awful.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Remote will blink but won't pair

When something like this happens, its better to take/send it back to the store.  Typical stores give you 30 days for this.  I will typically exchange a product the first time it happens, and if I get two in a row, then I return it, and/or post on forums to see if I'm doing something wrong or there is a known-workaround. 

Banned but back. Because why not?
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Remote will blink but won't pair

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Knowthesecretwe.

Thank you for sharing your concerns about pairing a Roku remote to your Roku dveice. We'd be more than happy to help.

Firstly, could you please let us know when and where you purchased this? Also, is this the remote that came with your Roku device? Kindly provide us with its serial number so we can check.

In the meantime, you may refer to the steps provided to help you pair your Roku voice remote to your device. If your voice remote has a pairing button, it will be located either on the back of the remote or under the battery cover.

Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash, to put your voice remote into pairing mode.

For reference, further details, and troubleshooting steps kindly refer to these links:

We'll be looking forward to your update!

Best regards,
Carly
Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.