Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MiggyA-Ch
Reel Rookie

Roku USB charging cable does not fit right into the Roku remote charging port

Same problem. Have tried three Roku charging cables with my Voice PromRemote and the micro usb end doesn’t fit well into the remote. I can push it in, but it still falls out so the remote never gets fully charged. Frustrated!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku USB charging cable does not fit right into the Roku remote charging port

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @MiggyA-Ch!

We appreciate you letting us know about this. We'd be happy to review your concern thoroughly and help you find the best resolution for this. 

Kindly provide us with additional details such as the following:

• When and where did you purchase this?
  • Have you had problems charging your remote even the first time you used it?
  • Was this purchased separately? If so, kindly let us know when. 

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MiggyA-Ch
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku USB charging cable does not fit right into the Roku remote charging port

Hi, thanks for responding. I bought the ultra a year or so ago. The remote was part of the package.

It worked mostly ok for about 6-7 months, but that’s along with the problem which is the micro usb has never fitted into the remote comfortably. It falls out. Have tried taping it to stay in the slot, but that doesn’t work.

Since then, it’s been getting increasingly annoying. Numerous posts here and elsewhere call out the same issue. ☹️

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the added information, @MiggyA-Ch.

It seems like this remote is out of Roku's limited warranty. No worries! You may visit our website for our latest offers: Roku Accessories

Thank you for your continuous support and understanding. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MiggyA-Ch
Reel Rookie

Wow, you think that’s an acceptable answer?

So we should buy a new remote every year because Roku can’t be bothered to design their products properly?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the quick response, @MiggyA-Ch.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. In this case, I will coordinate this with the team for additional reinforcement. With this being said, I will reach out to you via Private Message to gather further details.

In the meantime, if you are unable to use your physical Roku remote, you may install the Roku mobile app as an alternative. This works well with your Roku device and has a private listening feature.

Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.