Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adrotx

Tcl roku tv not pairing to remote

Jump to solution

My roku tcl tv does t pair to any of the new remotes I've bought I reseted it and just stuck on let's get started screen 

Model number. 55s451

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Tcl roku tv not pairing to remote

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Adrotx!

Thank you for posting here and for informing us about having issues with pairing your newly purchased remotes with your TCL Roku TV. We'd be happy to help.

May we first know if this is a Roku remote? If so, kindly refer to the following steps provided below to help you pair this successfully:

If your voice remote has a pairing button, it will be located either on the back of the remote or under the battery cover. Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash, to put your voice remote into pairing mode.

If your voice remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold the Back and Home buttons for 5 seconds or until you see the status light begin to flash.

For reference, you may visit our support article to help you on How to set up and pair your Roku voice remote.

Furthermore, for optimal compatibility, we strongly recommend using a Roku remote with Roku devices, as the operating system is specifically designed to work seamlessly with this remote. Specifically, the Roku TV Remote works well with your TCL Roku TV. 

I hope you find this information helpful. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Tcl roku tv not pairing to remote

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Adrotx!

Thank you for posting here and for informing us about having issues with pairing your newly purchased remotes with your TCL Roku TV. We'd be happy to help.

May we first know if this is a Roku remote? If so, kindly refer to the following steps provided below to help you pair this successfully:

If your voice remote has a pairing button, it will be located either on the back of the remote or under the battery cover. Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash, to put your voice remote into pairing mode.

If your voice remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold the Back and Home buttons for 5 seconds or until you see the status light begin to flash.

For reference, you may visit our support article to help you on How to set up and pair your Roku voice remote.

Furthermore, for optimal compatibility, we strongly recommend using a Roku remote with Roku devices, as the operating system is specifically designed to work seamlessly with this remote. Specifically, the Roku TV Remote works well with your TCL Roku TV. 

I hope you find this information helpful. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.