Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jenwithonen
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streambar stuck in a recovery mode update loop

Jump to solution

Same issue. I suspect Roku bricked our devices with a bad update. I’ve been trying to go through recovery mode for several days now. Nothing works.

0 Kudos
jrhoud
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Still no answer from roku?

0 Kudos
litalawr

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem now with mine. It just started tonight.  I was at work and when I came home it was in recovery mode and I'm having the same issues everybody else is. Serial number for my stream bar is YL003J397545

0 Kudos
haybob
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem now with mine. It just started on 6/3/2024. I was at work and when I came home it was in recovery mode and I'm having the same issues everybody else is. Serial number for my stream bar is YL00FR094818  Version is 9.3.0 * 1050 and Roku is 9102RW

0 Kudos
BeerPimp
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with my 9102R software version 9.3.0 * 1050 with SN# YL00G0903776

0 Kudos
CTOCSE8
Channel Surfer

Re: Streambar 13.0.0.24056 failing to complete

Jump to solution

9102R
Version 930 1050
SN YL003T925645
Device last updated 1.16.24.  Running 12.x.x and have run the manual update several times a week trying to get it updated to 13.0.  Goes through the download, install, almost finished don't pull the plug screen then comes back up with 12.x.x.
When I check on it this morning I have the ROKU Blue Screen O Death (recovery mode)
Go through the process multiple times, disconnect power, hold the button reboots and log ins on multiple connections.  Reached out to the chatbot and went through the entire process again and after 45 mins wanted to push me off the ROKU merry go round to  COMCAST running an ACL list filtering MAC address. go over and jump on the COMCAST merry go round.
All my other ROKU sticks, TV's, computers are working just fine.  The Blue Screen of Death is only on the Streambar.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello Community users,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We've seen some reports of Roku Streambars getting stuck in recovery mode. Don't worry, our Roku team is on the case investigating the issue closely.

We appreciate you sharing the troubleshooting steps you've already tried!

To help us narrow down the problem, we'd like to ask you a few questions:

• Power Source: Is your Streambar plugged directly into a wall outlet, or are you using the TV's USB port for power?
  • TV Brand: What brand of TV is your Streambar connected to?
  • Troubleshooting Attempts: Can you tell us what steps you've already taken to fix the issue?
  • Factory Reset: Have you tried a factory reset by holding the reset button for 30 seconds, even if the screen doesn't change?

Need a Factory Reset Guide? We've got you covered! Check out this article: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device

Still Stuck? If none of the above works and your Streambar remains stuck, please provide your device's serial number or device ID. This will help us get your info to the right Roku team for further investigation.

We'll mark this post as "solved" to keep everyone informed. Please feel free to reply with your answers, and we'll do our best to get your Streambar back up and running!

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
willylee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

To answer Chel's questions.

1. My Streambar is plugged into the wall, I didn't know there even was a USB option, since the end on the device is a barrel plug, not USB.

2. My TV is a 2020 LG. The Streambar is plugged into the HDMI ARC port.

3. The factory reset button never does a factory reset, no matter how long I press it. It goes to the recovery mode before ten seconds, and holding it longer has no effect.

Serial numbers and the like are in a previous post.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @willylee,

Thanks for following up!

We acknowledge the information you provided; our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely. Rest assured, once more information is available, we'll be sure to update this Community thread.

We hope to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for your precise response, @CTOCSE8!

To help us isolate the issue could you provide us with additional details:

1. A photo of the said screen when the issue occurs.
  2. Have you tried connecting the Roku Streambar to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, just to see if it makes a difference?
  3. Have you tried a hard reset with your device?
  4. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Please keep us posted with the requested information. We are anticipating your response.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.