Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amymay

Activate my Roku account and receive the activation code?

Jump to solution

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Activate my Roku account and receive the activation code?

Jump to solution

Hi @amymay,

Thanks for letting us know.

If you're having trouble receiving an activation code, please try using a different email address. Also, kindly make sure you check the spam messages or other folders. You can also refer to this support article on how to activate or link your Roku streaming device.

We hope this helps.

Regards,

Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MikaJane,

Thanks for the first post to the Roku Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced receiving the activation code. If you still encounter issues after following the steps in our Support article provided above with @RokuERey.

Here are some other things to try are as follows:

• Try a different network, such as a mobile hotspot.
  • If you use a web-based email, try checking for the Roku email using a different browser or in incognito or private mode.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @amymay,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We are glad you are sharing your concern about having trouble activating your Roku device due to an invalid activation link/code.

Let's see if this will work for you. Kindly follow the step-by-step process below:

How to fix activation issues: 

Keep in mind that the Roku activation link expires 30 minutes after being sent to your email. If you see "Your account activation link expired" or "We can't seem to reach you by Email" when opening the activation link, tap Resend on your Roku device and another email will be sent. After a moment, look in your inbox for a new activation link from Roku. This new link is valid for another 30 minutes.

If your activation link is still not working, return to the activation screen on your Roku device and use the following steps:

1. Press Star on your remote
  2. Select Edit email
  3. Re-enter or update your email address when prompted
  4. Check your email for a new activation link

If you continue to have issues with the activation email, you can get the activation link by scanning a QR code with your phone's camera. To do this, press the Star button on your remote and select Activate with the QR code. Alternatively, select Edit Roku email address and try activating your Roku device with a different email address.

Setup options menu

For reference, you can visit our Roku Support article: How to activate or link your Roku streaming device

We hope you find this information helpful. Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
amymay

Jump to solution

My account shows as active but I never got a code and I can't use Roku on my tv.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @amymay,

Thanks for letting us know.

If you're having trouble receiving an activation code, please try using a different email address. Also, kindly make sure you check the spam messages or other folders. You can also refer to this support article on how to activate or link your Roku streaming device.

We hope this helps.

Regards,

Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jo35

Jump to solution

0kay thank you

0 Kudos
jo35

Jump to solution

please send code

0 Kudos
jo35

Jump to solution

activate with QR code

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jo35,

I would like to extend a warm welcome to the Roku Community! I am writing to check if you are still experiencing issues with activating your device. If you are unable to receive an activation code, you may try using a different email address to see if that resolves the issue. Alternatively, you can refer to the article provided in your post.

Thank you for being a part of the Roku Community.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Angels501

Jump to solution

Hello can you send me an activation link to add new tv?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Angels501,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to help you out in activating your new Roku streaming player. Please be aware that we don't have the option to either bypass any activation. If you're seeing an error message when activating it or any difficulties. We would recommend you take a closer look at some troubleshooting provided by our support page here: How to activate or link your Roku streaming device.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MikaJane

Jump to solution

Your advise is useless, please just send my activation code to my email!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.