Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FEC
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku app not working correctly on ipad

Jump to solution

No, I’m on a Netgear Orbi 850.

I’m pretty convinced there is an inherent flaw in the app and, possibly, the server interface that prevents our iPads (and the iPads part might be a coincidence – other Apple devices could easily be involved) from dealing with profile changes that weren’t made in the app.

The problem is compounded, because all remnants of the app and it’s corresponding profile aren’t deleted when the app is deleted - preventing us from getting a fresh start logging in to Roku’s servers. That’s not supposed to happen but I’m not sure if this is an Apple problem or Roku problem.

For me, I typically use my iPhone with the Roku, and rarely at that.  I can easily wait this out without any sweat…

0 Kudos
Stina12

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same issue on my iPhone. Only thing that has changed is I recently updated my phone to iOS 17.2. 

LGNEO
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuERey 

only 2 points are needed to draw a line  - it appears the sampling is increasing. Common points iOS 17.2 and Roku 10.0... ? - just saying 😉 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Stina12

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention, and we see that you're having the same issue as other users in this thread are experiencing. Can we have the following information:

• Roku mobile app version
  • Mobile device information such as brand, model, and OS version.
  • A photo referring to the issue

Once we have this information, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LGNEO
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuERey 

Just upgraded to iOS 17.3. Same scenario. Einstein's definition of insanity 😉 

0 Kudos
LGNEO
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@FEC @RokuTakashi @RokuERey 

Greetings, any progress on this issue? Please advise.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I guess I need to add myself to this group. I’m having the same issues on an iPhone 12, running iOS17.4, with my Roku app current on version 10.0.0. (Talk about a long-running problem! And despite updates and bug fixes. That’s not suss or anything.)

And before the support person comes in with “have you tried…” YES, I have tried everything suggested to others. NO, it won’t let me log out. So don’t bother asking. 

IMG_3409.png

IMG_3410.png

IMG_3408.png

IMG_3411.png

LGNEO
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuTakashi @RokuERey 

Interesting note, running iOS 17.3 on my iPhone 13 and the Roku app is @v 9.10.1.9709762.11. The app will not let me logout. Initially, it says that I am logged out and offers to let me login. However, if I just close the app without logging in, and then open the app, I am still logged in and connected to the Roku device I was connected to prior to "logging out"!

Seriously folks, this is just to bizarre and warrants some urgency. If you can't log out, then Roku has a serious case of privacy related issues and the possibility of all kinds of data breaches!!

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @LadyHeathen,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your issue logging out of the Roku mobile app. We have forwarded your concern and information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation and to fix the issue as soon as possible. Also, please list down the troubleshooting steps you did so we can add them here.

We are dedicated to finding a solution to your concerns, so please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

@LGNEO,

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are still waiting for updates from our appropriate Roku team. Rest assured that we are looking into it.

Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LGNEO
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuEuniceL@LadyHeathen

Kindly read through ALL the threads of this post, you will see what everyone has done to troubleshoot this issue instead of giving a knee jerk reaction. It appears that since there has been multiple "moderators" responding to this post over the past few months without action, that this can is being kicked down the road (delaying) instead of giving us a resolution! Please forward this to a level 3 support personnel for a resolution.