Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LGNEO
Streaming Star

Roku app not working correctly on ipad

Jump to solution
  • Just installed the Roku app on my iPad with iOS 17.2. When I open the app, it says that something went wrong loading this page and gives 2 options; use the remote or retry (which doesn't work). I use the remote option and it only connects to 2 of my 3 devices. Click on the person icon and it has a red dot for account info with a red statement to confirm contact info. When I tap on it I just get the wagon wheel spinning forever. Tried deleting/reloading the app - no help. Tried cycling power to the iPad - no help. Works fine on iPhone w/ios 17.1 Ideas please...

IMG_7691.jpeg

IMG_7690.jpeg

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LGNEO
Streaming Star

Re: Roku app not working correctly on ipad

Jump to solution

Just downloaded and installed 10.0.2. It too fixed my issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
54 REPLIES 54
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@LGNEO,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here in the Roku Community!

We would like additional information about this. Try signing out of the app once more, then restart your wireless router and sign back in.

Please inform us if that had any effect.

Thank you,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LGNEO
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuERey 

I keep trying to logout, but can't. I did power cycle the cable modem, followed by the router. I even swapped ISP's. Symptoms remain the same - just my iPad 9 with iOS 17.2 is affected. iPhone with iOS 17.12 is fine. The iPad 9 is a new addition and was cloned from my previous iPad. I never used the Roku app on the previous iPad but it was installed. Tried deleting the app from the ipad and reinstalling - no help. Dazed and confused....

LGNEO
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuERey 

Interesting item, I sign out of the app on iPhone and from the community , but when I reinstall the app on the iPad, it still knows who I am and has me logged in!! 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@LGNEO,

Thanks for the update!

Could you tell us the current version of the app on both devices? Which is affected and which is not? We'd like to take a closer look.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LGNEO
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuERey 

Greetings -it is working on iPhone iOS 17.1.2 with Roku app version 9.9.1.9173802.48. It is not working on iPad iOS 17.2 with Roku app version 9.10.0.9514639.43.

My iPhone Roku app states the I have an update waiting. I guess I'll wait until..... 😃 

0 Kudos
LGNEO
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuERey 

Any ideas/updates as yet?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @LGNEO,

We still don't have any available update about this and this is currently under investigation.

We'll make sure to forward any update here once we have it available.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LGNEO
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuERey 

Thanks for the update. Have a merry holidays!

0 Kudos
FEC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

FYI, I am experiencing identical circumstances on my iPad and discovered this post.  Following…

0 Kudos