Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku app not working correctly on ipad

Jump to solution

Hi @FEC,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We'd love to be of assistance, and we appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Is this the same error? If so, have you tried updating your account information to see if that helps?

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FEC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Rey, thank you.  Works fine on iPhone but identical issues and screens on my iPad as the OP.  Among the other symptoms, I can’t logout on the iPad and, when I delete the app and restart the device, it shows me as still logged in…

LGNEO
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@FEC 

Hi- thanks for the input, but what is the post? I see no link, etc.....

0 Kudos
FEC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

LGNEO, it was your post of 2 weeks ago about problems with the Roku app on your iPad.  I’m experiencing identical symptoms.  I replied in the same thread…

0 Kudos
LGNEO
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@FEC 

Oh sorry- as worded, I thought you found a resolution and were referring another post....

0 Kudos
FEC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yup, I just re-read my post and saw how it could be interpreted differently…

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@FEC @LGNEO,

Thanks for the update!

Our team tried to replicate this on our end with the same version, but we're not able to reproduce the issue you're seeing.

They suggest that you work with your account information and then give it a try to see if that helps.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LGNEO
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuERey @FEC 

confused on your reply....

What exactly in my account information can cause this? And only on iPad?? Suggestions would be much appreciated!

0 Kudos
FEC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Rey, I was just going to write when I saw your last note - account information may be a clue…

I changed my username/email address on Roku several months ago and that change successfully populated all of my devices and apps, presumably by Roku. I don’t recall if I checked my iPad since making that change, but I don’t believe so.

When I opened the Roku app on my iPad this afternoon, I discovered that I was still logged in under the old email address. Attempts to log out or make a change were not successful, similar to the OP’s experience.

Also, when I delete and reinstall the app, I still appear to be logged in under the old username. My knowledge of Apple devices tells me that some apps can leave residual cache info on an iOS/iPadOS device, even when the app is uninstalled, and I now suspect that’s happening here.

I would like to respectfully punt this back to your team to explore a bit further. Thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@LGNEO @FEC 

Thanks for the update!

If you haven't tried this yet, we would recommend clearing the data of the app before reinstalling it to see if that will totally log you out.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos