Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LGNEO
Streaming Star

Re: Roku app not working correctly on ipad

Jump to solution

@RokuERey @FEC 

Tried resetting my password, which should have signed me out of everything. It didn't! Still logged in on the iPad and it will not sign me out. Deleted the app and its tracks to my apple cloud account. So, how should I clear this data? Don't forget, that I am familiar with a lot of things but please remember Roku and it's intricacies are very new to me.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@LGNEO,

We appreciate the update regarding this!

We'll forward an update to the engineering team, and I'll share this insight with them for further review.

I'll keep this thread posted with an update about this.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FEC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Rey, therein lies my point.  Unless there is a feature within the Roku app that resets it and/or purges data, there is NO way to do it on the Apple side other than deleting the app. That obviously doesn’t work after several attempts…

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@FEC,

Thank you so much for your quick update as well as for additional information about this.

I have passed this along to our engineering team for additional review. Along with an update, I'll make sure to forward it here.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LGNEO
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuERey @FEC 

I dug out an old iPad with iOS 15.8 and loaded Roku app. It fully loaded just fine without a hitch. So, is this an iOS version compatibility issue with the Roku app version? Roku needs to get us some help. Unfortunately with apple iOS, there is no way to go back to a previous version of the Roku app to test. In Roku's court....

0 Kudos
LGNEO
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuERey 

Any input from your side as yet. Or is this something that is not going to work on iPad with iOS 17.2?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@LGNEO,

Sorry for not getting back to you, and thanks for the nudge!

This issue is still under investigation with the team. In addition, could you share with us a screenshot after you sign it out?

Keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LGNEO
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuERey 

@FEC 

Can you please be more specific? After I sign out what? The iPad with iOS 17.2 I cannot sign out of no matter what I do! 

FEC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

And my experience is identical to LGNEO's - I hit the sign out button, I get a screen that asks me to confirm, I confirm, and the app returns me to the original screen.

Again, that original screen appears to remain logged in with the email address that I changed several months ago.  Something appears stuck on the server side and deleting/reinstalling the app doesn't give me a chance to try a fresh login on my client side...

LGNEO
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@FEC @RokuERey 

some screen shots for your viewing pleasure. Really too bad that Roku does not have a way to generate a bug report so y'all can figure this out.

IMG_1321.jpegIMG_1325.jpegIMG_1328.jpegIMG_1326.jpeg