Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DadOfFour
Channel Surfer

Re: Error attempting to sign in to mobile app on second iPhone

Thanks Eunice

• Have you tried logging in to the browser or computer? Yes - works 
  • Do your login credentials match and let you sign in when trying on a browser or other phone? (Try changing the password if not) Yes - changing password - same result. 
  • Is your mobile phone connected to the same wireless network as your Roku device? Yes 
  • Is your Apple or Android software version compatible? iOS 17 - I hope so. 
  • What are the troubleshooting steps that you have taken? Deleted and reinstalled app on phone after restarting it first. Same error. 
DadOfFour
Channel Surfer

Thanks Kash

• Brand, model, and current OS that your mobile device is running. Apple, iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 17.1.2 (but was in 16 prior and it didn’t work either)
  • Version of the Roku mobile app that your mobile device is using. Latest - 9.9.1
  • Error codes/messages prompt when accessing the Roku mobile app. After entering login credentials………….Error Something went wrong, please try again later. 
  • Tried using alternative,s such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you're able to access it? WiFi is perfectly fine as it is working on my phone I used to sign up for the service. 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @DadOfFour

Thanks for the response.

We've forwarded this information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Once more details are available, we'll make sure to provide an update here in this thread.

If there's anything we could do to assist further, please feel to reach out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
djbool

Also experiencing the same type of issue. Logged in just fine on my iPhone 13 Roku app. But can't sign in on my Amazon fire tablet Roku app. Won't take my email and password even though I reset the password. Womp womp

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @djbool,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you provide us with more details about your concern? Are you getting an error code or message? In addition, what troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

Also, have you tried using an alternative network connection, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you're able to access it?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Carolina03

having issues with the mobile app, all my credentials are correct the app is not receptive to my Hinsenn Roku tv and other devices just one. I did everything the app suggested and nothing!. Roku needs to fix this issue beca I control my minors Roku tv via app when I’m doing things around my home. Big inconvenience and failure to properly serve Roku devices bought and giving customer's more of headache and frustration. Roku you guys need to do better, what’s the point of switching to your system and payed subscription if you can’t properly address errors as such. Based on above post this seems to be consistent based on other post I previous years. A failure across the board, what’s the point of leaving cable at least they resolve issues when it occurs. I now quickly learn that you guys are more quantity over quality😒

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Warmest welcome here in the Roku Community, @Carolina03!

We sincerely regret to hear about your experience with the Roku mobile app. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

Just to clarify, is your Hisense Roku TV the only device you are having issues with pairing to the Roku mobile app? If so, would you mind letting us know what specific device you are trying to connect it from? Also, have you successfully paired it before? If so, kindly let us know when did you start experiencing this issue.

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to provide you with an accurate resolution. 

Best regards,
Carly 

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sivo
Reel Rookie

Seems like all there is are problems...

And even the most elementary ones

that make no sense...

My account and password are recognized by the site..

And I've redid my password many times..

But the mobile app wont let me sign in..

Makes No sense, no reason.

0 Kudos
Sivo
Reel Rookie

Seems like all there is are problems...

And even the most elementary ones

that make no sense...

My account and password are recognized by the site..

And I've redid my password many times..

But the mobile app wont let me sign in..

Makes No sense, no reason.

0 Kudos

I'm encountering a similar issue. While my Roku TV and the Roku mobile app on my Android phone function properly, the Roku mobile app on my tablet refuses to sign in with my email and password. Despite various troubleshooting steps such as restarting the app, tablet, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and restarting the tablet, the Roku mobile app on the tablet consistently rejects the exact sign-in credentials that work seamlessly on my Android phone. This is frustrating, especially since I intended to use the tablet as a Roku remote. Additionally, it's worth noting that the tablet accepts the same sign-in credentials for the Roku smart home app.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.