Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: All apps' audio is skipping and choppy with Private Listening

Hi @Doggpound007,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having problems with your Roku mobile app. We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we need more details. Please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Brand, model, and current OS that the mobile device is running
  • The version of the Roku mobile app that your mobile device is using

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.
Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
schufflz
Reel Rookie

Two Roku sticks, 3810EU.

Pixel Buds Pro connected to Pixel 7 Pro. 

All apps and firmware fully up to date.

Phone is within two meteres of the Roku. No issues with the wifi. All devices restarted. 

No issues with sound through phone speakers or with bluetooth audio from any other app on the phone. 

This device is simply not fit for purpose. Bluetooth audio in private listening mode is suffering constant breakups every few minutes. It clears after a few seconds or if the video is paused. It's unusable. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @schufflz,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for flagging this issue directly with us!

We will be glad to assist you further with this issue. How far is your Roku device from your network router? Is this happening on all contents and channels, or is it isolated? (Specify) Could you send us a photo or video clip of your running problem?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                          John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Doggpound007
Binge Watcher

It's not the headphones 

Here's what I do to minimize the crazy you experience every single time. Before I start my run I restart the roku. I then connect it to my phone via the app and it takes usually 2-3 times with the app crashing until it works. Once it works I get full workout without skips. Reboot it every time though. Even if only a day after restart it. Those sticks are not great for the audio we need. 

schufflz
Reel Rookie

Phone is around two meters from WiFi access point. This is the Roku stick at fault. Accept it. I have zero other issues with any device, app, media or headset on my network. And photos/clip of what exactly? This just sounds like copy and paste support.

0 Kudos
Doggpound007
Binge Watcher

Yes it's definitely the devices fault. 

We have some of the sound bars in other parts of our house and these issues do not exist with those only with the sticks.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @schufflz and @Doggpound007,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop, and we appreciate the precise details you have provided as well as the troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to fix the issue.

Rest assured, we'll flag this concern to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. To help the team better assess this issue, would you mind providing us with the following details?

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Brand, model, and current OS that the mobile device is running.
  • The version of the Roku mobile app that your mobile device is using.
  • Specific channels are affected by the issue.

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I have the same problem.  Did you get a resolution on this?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @markjleo1073,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for reaching out about this issue with private listening. We'd like to know when you started seeing this. If you haven't tried any troubleshooting you can install the Roku mobile app and then try again to see if that helps. It might be possible that you're running an old version of the app.

For more detailed information and troubleshooting you can visit our support page here: How to resolve an issue with private listening - Roku Support

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

We also have this issue.  Sound via private listening on phone works, but as soon as you connect it to a Bluetooth headset, the sound goes in and out,(as though someone mutes the TV for less than a minute, and I mutes) and about every 5 minutes or so, the private listening randomly turns off.

It happens on both Roku devices (one is an express, one is tv) phone is usually less than 4 feet from a Roku.

Apps on both devices are fully updated, plenty of storage space on phones.

This is a fairly recent change for us. Probably the last month or 2.  

0 Kudos