Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qp2
Channel Surfer

remote pro power button will not turn ON/OFF

Jump to solution

Roku Remote Pro (2023)

Roku Ultra 4660X, Serial: YJ004U297720, Device ID: CK48A4297720 (2018)

Samsung TV, Model: UN48J520D, Serial: 04MQ3CAH401797Y (2017?)

Vizio soundbar: V21-H8 (2022)

I have successfully paired the remote, all buttons work as expected except for Power button. TV does not respond to Power On/Off. It will turn ON when I press any other button on the remote, for Power Off I have to use a voice command, "power off." Volume up/down/mute all work okay.

I have tried CEC, no go. Using IR pairing the remote first turned off the music at code 10, beyond that the codes either did not allow the power button or the volume buttons, sometimes neither would work.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
qp2
Channel Surfer

Re: remote pro power button will not turn ON/OFF

Jump to solution

I discovered that I was using an old (2020) Ultra, model # 4660X2. Yesterday I got a new Ultra, model 4802 and the power button works properly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Reeves15

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same issue with my LG TV.  Bulldog ate my old remote, bought this Voice Pro as replacement.  I have it plugged into my TV as a the power source.  The remote will not turn it on, voice will turn it off.  If I plug the Roku 4K  device directly into wall, it will work, but if I plug the 4K player into the TV, Power On does not function.  My old remote worked fine plugging directly into the TV.  Pluggin into the wall creates the unsightly view of the chord and the wife is pissy.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Reeves15

Jump to solution

I tried moving to CEC, went through 7 codes, none of them worked, would not allow me to go any further.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @qp2,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

Kindly be advised that we have forwarded your information and concern to the Support team, who'll reach out to you through email to address this case. We recommend checking your email from time to time to be updated when they contact you.

We'd appreciate your patience and understanding with this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
qp2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I discovered that I was using an old (2020) Ultra, model # 4660X2. Yesterday I got a new Ultra, model 4802 and the power button works properly.